04

"Isn't your audition today, Anak?"

I looked up from my phone to see my Mom standing in front of the fridge, checking the calendar. I raised my eyebrow at her. "Yeah... Why?" I blurted before I took a bite of my cereal.

I wasn't that nervous for my audition na. Sure, I still had doubts, but my chest felt... lighter. Like I could just walk into that room and just do my best without worrying na hindi ako makakapasa.

"Bakit 'di mo sinabi?!" She yelled with her eyebrows furrowed.

"Why would I? At tsaka, baka kapag sinabi ko sa'yo, you might jinx it, Mom," I explained.

"E, sana pinagdasalan kita kagabi! Gosh, Kiernan! Dapat sinabi mo sa'kin, anak!" Her hands were resting on her hips na, parang sinusuway ako.

"May dasal o wala, Mom, makakapasa ako. And you know me, 'Ma. I have never lost," pagmamayabang ko before I took another bite of my food.

"Kahit na!" Mom walked towards the dinner table and pinched my ear, making me exclaim.

"Ang yabang mo'ng bata ka! Ang dami mo'ng alam!"

Noong hinatid na 'ko ni Mom sa school, I went straight to our classroom na. Pagkapasok ko sa classroom I saw Gyro standing in front of the whiteboard, may sinusulat na maraming kung ano-ano. Napakunot ako ng noo ko.

Dumeretso ako sa armchair ko and immediately placed my bag. When I turned to look at him, he was still writing sa whiteboard. "What are you doing?" I asked

"Memorizing. PerDev." That was all that he said, not looking away from the board. Sipag naman.

I completely forgot that we had a quiz sa PerDev today! All of my focus was on the audition, I didn't think about my acads!

Mangongopya nalang ako sa papel ni Gyro, I guess.

Classes went by swiftly. Wala naman ang nangyari the whole day, just quizzes and lectures. Our last period was homeroom, we weren't allowed to leave our classroom even if we didn't have a teacher.

While my classmates were talking to each other or was using their phones, I was dancing my routine while seated sa armchair ko. I was just dancing with my hands though. Wala kasi si Gyro sa tabi ko cause he was chatting with his groupmates sa P.E, so I didn't have anyone to converse with.

"Kiernan!" I tilted my head to see Kaori seated on her armchair. I just raised my eyebrow in response.

"'Di ba mamaya na ang audition mo?" She asked me while smiling widely. "Yeah, why?" I answered.

Bahagyang tumango si Kaori before she grabbed a pouch from her bag. She stood from her seat at umupo sa tabi ko. "Makeup-an kita! Para fresh!" She said.

I let her do that. Hindi ko na tinanggi 'yung offer because I wanted to look decent naman sa audition, for stage presence, y'know. Powder at lip-gloss lang ang linagay niya sa mukha ko. I'm not going to complain though, I wanted my face to look natural naman e.

"Ano, bet mo?" Kaori asked as I was looking at myself sa maliit na mirror niya. Napangiti ako when I saw myself. Gosh, I'm so poganda!

I gave Kaori her mirror back and thanked her for retouching my face. I brought an outfit to change into for my audition. Nagpaalam ako sa president namin before heading to the comfort room para magpalit.