05

"Five, six, seven, eight, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one..."

I immediately crashed to the floor along with the others when we finally finished the first part of our choreography. Gosh. We haven't even finished the first half of our dance, and I'm already dripping in sweat!

I put my head between my knees and wiped my sweat using the collar of my shirt. I took a second to catch my breath muna. A week had passed since I got accepted into the dance team, and hell, it is so tyring!

We were already preparing for a dance competition against other strands. Whatever strand has the best performance, has the chance to compete against other schools. So the pressure is on.

"Okay, everyone, waterbreak muna before we say goodbyes." The dance team collectively let out gasps of relief. That was enough training for today! Both of my legs were so sore that I thought that they were going to fall off!

Halos tumikud-tikod ako papunta sa aking bag to drink water. But when I checked my hydroflask, it was already empty na pala.

"Shit." I pouted while staring into my water bottle. Then, I felt a hand tap on my shoulder that made me turn around.

Watson was standing in front of me, handing me a bottle of water. "Ito. I have extra water you can drink." I glared at it bago ko sinamaan ng tingin si Watson.

"Huwag ka na pakipot. I know you're thirsty." He grinned.

Without speaking, I took the bottle from his hands and opened it. With no choice, I drank from it. Once I gave it back to him, the bottle was almost empty. "Thanks," I muttered before turning the other way to fix my belongings. Yumuko ako sa lapag to organize my bag.

"Do you have any plans later ba?" Napahinto ako sa pagaayos ng gamit nang yumuko si Watson sa tabi ko. I just shook my head in response.

I heard him let out an amused chuckle. "You're not talkative, are you?" He teased me. I closed my eyes and sighed, trying to shut him out.

"Why are you even talking to me? Shouldn't you be tidying up your things?" I hissed.

He let an even more amused laugh. "Feisty." I cringed at that word.

"Kapitan! Photo-Op 'daw tayo sabi ni coach! Tara na!" One of the members called for Watson.

"Coming!" He said before leaving me alone. Finally.

So he's the captain, huh?

Once everyone gathered at the middle, we were told that the short ones should be in front, while the taller members were at the back so that everyone was visible. Nagtatalo pa yata ang mga girl members namin because they were debating who was smaller.

And to my luck, I was right beside Watson. It was so masikip pa! Dumidikit 'yung mapawis niyang braso sa arms ko! Yuck!

I felt a hand drape on my waist.

"Mag smile ka," he whispered sa ear ko. I felt shivers down my spine. Kadiri naman...

"One, two, three..." Our instructor counted as he held the selfie-stick up. Even if I was feeling uneasy, I forced a smile on to look decent naman sa pic.

Then on the count of three, I felt Watson wrap his arm around my shoulders.

"Cheese!" The flash clicked.