Prologue

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from the Scream franchise. This is written for entertainment and fanfiction purposes only.

🔪

1995

It's late in the night around at nine, and Sidney just got finished watching a movie with one of her good friends, Nicholas Loomis, the twin brother of her boyfriend, Billy. Nick and Sidney have always been very good and close friends. It's because of him that Sidney got introduced to his brother and they've been dating for a year, and it's almost going on two. Sidney was the first one to be able to tell the twin brothers apart.

Maybe there was a part of Sidney that (deep down) if Nick would've asked her out first instead of Billy, she wouldn't hesitate to say yes.

Tatum was supposed to show up and join them for the movie night, but she had cheerleading practice that ran late. Then she just decided to stay at home out of exhaustion.

Nick was at the Prescott's house around at six and was kind enough to drop off Chinese food for Sidney and her mother, including himself, of course. They worked on a school project together that they finished earlier. Sidney took the video tape out of the VCR player and put it back in its case. Usually, her favorites and guilty pleasure would be rom-coms, but since it was just Nick at the house with her, she figured they should watch a movie that the two of them could enjoy.

They settled with Top Gun and Sidney never saw that. It wasn't her type of movie, but since Nick mentioned that Meg Ryan was in it, she just had to watch it. The movie turned out to be not bad after all.

"So, what did you think?" Nick asked her, sitting on the couch. There was an empty bowl of popcorn that was between them. Their drinks were on the coffee table. She finished drinking her soda and he was done with his beer bottle that Sidney let him have, not caring that it was her father's beer. There were many more in the fridge.

"I actually really liked it," Sidney answered, setting the case on the coffee table. She'd have to return it to the video store soon.

"You sound surprised." Nick noticed as she returned to her spot on the couch. He scooted over to give her some space.

"These types of movies aren't usually my thing, but you know me and Meg Ryan."

"You don't like horror or action movies. You're so boring." He playfully teased, earning a giggle from her.

"At least I'm not brooding like you are." She riposted.

"I don't brood." He denied with a roll of his eyes.

"Yes, you do, Nick, I know you."

As much as he loves and enjoys spending time with Sidney, he hates the fact that he could never have her. His stupid brother had to swoop in and steal her from him first.

Nick thought it was his fault that he lost his chances to ask out Sidney first.

Maybe he would've been in a lot better mood if he was the one who's dating Sidney instead of having to watch his brother be with his childhood crush.

"No, I don't think you know me, Sid," He turned fully to her in his seat and had a playful smirk on his face. "We Loomis boys can be rather mysterious." He joked in a husky voice.

"Oh, really?" Sidney humored him and they shared a laugh.

Nick thought she looked so cute with her smile as the laughter escaped from her lips. It was one of those moments where he wished he could kiss her right then and there. He almost felt drawn to her lips, but quickly stopped himself, being reminded that Sidney Prescott was his brother's girl.