Deal With the Devil

After school was over, Billy made sure to visit his twin brother at the hospital. He didn't want to cause a scene or draw attention, so he snuck in and found Nick's room. The tension between them was palpable as they stared each other down. Billy couldn't believe that Sidney had cheated on him with his own brother. He felt betrayed and angry, but he also knew that he needed Nick's help.

By the look on his face, Nick could tell that his brother already knows about what happened with him and Sidney.

"So you know." He deadpanned.

Billy nodded. "I know." He paused, his expression darkening. "And I think it's time we had a talk about it." He took a seat onto a chair beside Nick's hospital bed.

Nick felt a shiver run down his spine. He knew what was coming. "Look, Billy..." He tried to reason with him, "I'm sorry about what happened between us. I never meant for things to go that far."

"But Sidney and I didn't mean for this to happen. We were just trying to cope with everything that's been going on, you know? We were both so messed up..."

Nick's words fell on deaf ears as Billy's expression grew more menacing. "I don't care what your reasons were, Nick. You know how much I loved Sidney. You know how much I wanted her to be mine." His voice trembled with rage. "And now you've taken that away from me."

He leaned in close, their faces inches apart. "Look, I'm not stupid. I know you were just trying to protect her, just like you always do. But I need your help. I need you to be Ghostface with me and Stu. We need to finish what we started."

"Why should I be Ghostface with you and Stu?" Nick asked, his voice cold.

"Because I'm your brother, and I'm asking you as a favor. You owe me that much," Billy hissed, his grip tightening on the chair. "And besides, it'll be fun. Revenge is a dish best served cold, right? It'll be fun to see. Watch you being forced to kill the girl you love while the other half of you is trying to protect her? It's like you have to choose between your head and your heart."

Nick shook his head slowly, a tear trickling down his cheek. "I can't do that, Billy. I can't kill Sidney. You know I love her."

Billy's expression twisted into a sneer. "You never loved her, Nick. You were just too chicken to make a move. And then I was man enough to take her first. Like always with everything between us."

"No, that's not true," Nick protested weakly. "I did love her, Billy. I just never had the chance to tell her."

"Oh, come on," Billy scoffed, shaking his head. "You've always been so selfless, always putting Sidney first. You never even went out on a date with anyone else, did you? You were just too busy being her knight in shining armor. I mean, there was Heather, but she never meant anything to you. You were just using her. Face it."

"I did love her."

Billy laughed darkly. "Yeah, right. You were always so wrapped up in being the perfect boyfriend, the perfect son, the perfect friend. But you never once thought about what you really wanted. You never once thought about your own happiness. I know Dad still beats your ass for anything no matter how hard you try to be the perfect son."

"Billy," Nick said, his voice softening, "I can't do that. You know I can't. You're my brother, and I'm not going to help you kill Sidney. You're not making any sense. What do you mean by 'finish what we started'?"

Billy leaned in closer, his eyes narrowing. "Do you know anything about Sidney's mother, Nick? What she did to our family?"

Nick hesitated. "Mom... she left us. Because Dad cheated on her with some woman."