Medical Visit

"You got to be kidding me," Indominus rubs his face as he paces, thinking over what Megatronous told him when they returned. Fortunately, Husk was asleep after eating a few bites of the little food the brothers brought back.

  "Dad, we both knew that something was going to happen since that guard got pissed at us," Megatronous protested, wiping off any Energon on his fists.

  "Yeah I know," Idominus sighs softly, "I'm just glad that gladiator stepped in when he did. I don't want to lose either of you. At all."

  "I know, Dad. I'm thinking of meeting the gladiator at the fights tomorrow. I want to see if I can earn enough money to help you and Husk," Megatronous sets the rag on the counter. He turns to his father with a determined look.

  "Absolutely not. That place will kill you," Indominus shook his helm, folding his arms. He closes his optics in frustration but opens them when his son speaks again.

  "A lot of things could kill me. Like the mines. Or this dump of a place. The only difference is I get to choose how to go out in the gladiator fights. Plus I can fight, Dad. Please let me give it a chance. If it gets too much, I'll stop," Megatronous spreads his hands.

  Idominous rubs his face, pacing in front of the couch. He knew that his son could easily defeat his opponents in the ring but still, he worried about him.

  "Son, just....... be careful okay? If you really want this, then I'll support you. I don't think I can stop you anyway," he smiles, sadness lingering in his smile.

  "Yes! Hey, I just thought of something. If there are off days where it's just training or something, I can bring Husk so he can chill in the stands. I know he enjoys books so I figure he could come and read while I train," Megatronous pumps a fist, grinning.

  "Oh, I don't know about that. The other gladiators are a lot bigger than he is," Idominus huffs, chuckling at his son's excitement.

  "The others will learn not to mess with him. I'll make sure of that," Megatronous pounds a fist against his chest.

  "Oh, son. I'm so proud of you. Your mother would be too," Idominous chuckles as he eases himself onto the couch.

  "You hardly speak of mom. Not since he died," Megatronous sits by him, wincing slightly at the couch irritating his back.

  A faint cough caught their attention and they both looked over to see Husk sleepily leaning against the door to his room. Megatronous gets up and goes over to him, gently hugging him.

  "Hey, buddy. What are you doing up?" he asked gently, kneeling in front of him as he gently rubbed his back.

  "Had a bad dream. Can I lay on you?" Husk looks up at him, rubbing an optic. A yawn escapes him as Megatronous scoops him up and carries him back to the couch.

  "Of course you can. Dad and I will make sure no big bad monster is gonna get you," Megatronous kisses his helm as he sits back down on the couch.

  "As if any monster can scare us," Indominus scoffs playfully, making Husk giggle. The oldest mech chuckles as he wraps an arm around Megatronous' shoulders.

  "Even if they have big claws?" Husk snuggles between them. His helm slowly rests on Megatronous' side as his legs stretch out into Indominus' lap.

  "Especially if they have big claws and sticky breath," Indominus tickles him, laughing as Husk squeals in laughter.

  Megatronous laughs as he rests an arm around Husk's waist. He enjoyed simple moments like this, moments of flowing laughter and peaceful relaxation.

  Morning light creeps into the room as Megatronous slowly blinks awake. He looks around and his gaze settles on Husk tucked into his side, fast asleep.