Unexpected Guests

Megatronous hesitantly walks into the hospital and goes up to the receptionist. He did his best to clean up after his match but he still looked like he got run over by a miner's driller.

  "Excuse me? Which room is Husk in?" he asked, nervously tapping on the counter.

  "No one outside of the family can see anyone here," the receptionist kept his attention on his computer monitor. He types something into the computer before checking a datapad.

  "But I'm his older brother. So which room is he in?" Megatronous asked patiently as he waited for the receptionist to finally look up from his computer.

  "Are you really his older brother?" the receptionist adjusted his glasses as he studied the scruffed-up-looking mech.

  "Big brother!" Husk cheers as Idominous pushes him through the crowd in a wheelchair.

  "Hey, lil bro! How are you doing?" Megatronous smiles as he walks over and kneels in front of him. He gently takes the smaller mech's hand and gently squeezes them.

  "I'm doing a lot better, thanks to Doctor Ratchet. I saw your fight on TV but I fell asleep before I saw who won. Did you win? I really hope you won," Husk tugs on his hands excitedly.

  "Yeah, I won. It was rough but I won," Megatronous nods, grateful he didn't see what happened at the very end of the fight. That admiration would be gone if Husk knew what happened at the fight's end.

  "That's great! Dad, you hear him? He won his fight," Husk beams up at Idominous who smiles gently down at him. He bounces excitedly in the wheelchair but stops, wincing in pain from moving too much.

  "I heard him, kiddo. Your big brother is brave for doing that," the older mech nods. He rubs Husk's helm and smiles towards Megatronous who lightly taps Husk's forehelm.

  "Mister Pax says he's gonna take me to the library and I told him I wanted to wait for you so we can all go. I don't know where he is though," Husk giggles, glancing around. 

  "You like Mister Pax?" Megatronous hums as he stands up. He wasn't too sure about Orion Pax but if Husk liked him enough, he won't do anything to jeopardize that.

  "Yeah. He's really nice and he's willing to talk books with me," Husk nodded happily and tightened his grip on his hands when people started to crowd inside the hospital, gushing about Megatronous being there.

  Security guards hurried over and tried to force the crowd back but ended up struggling to maintain a line of defense for the shoving people. Doctors tried to maintain peace but were struggling to be heard by the loud voices of the crowd and a few fans shoved two doctors over, trying to reach their idol.

  "Alright, everyone. That's enough," Megatronous gets up and moves over to the crowd. He helps the fallen doctors back onto their feet then helps security escort the crowd outside.

  "Megatronous! What brings you here? Did you come to get fixed up?" a fan called as the crowd was finally outside after a few people tripped over each other.

  "I'm here to visit my brother. All this loud noise isn't going to help every patient so please let the doctors and nurses here do their jobs," Megatronous raises his hands and the crowd quietens down.

  "Is your brother the reason you fight at the arena?" another fan asked as he forced his way to the front but got pushed back by security.

  "Yes, he is. I'm just doing what I can to help him have a much better life than before," Megatronous nods, going down into the crowd, "I want to change the lives of everyone who's been struggling with oppression like the miners of Kaon because I've been there. I've dealt with the dark, gloomy mines that bring nothing but sadness and death to those who work there, day in and day out."

  The crowd mutters to each other as they listen to Megatronous speak. They made space for him to walk through, admiring how gentle he was with everyone. One thought struck the entire crowd, if Megatronous was here visiting his brother, could the brother be the one Megatronous was hoping would watch his matches?

  "Now would everyone please kindly leave? I like to see everyone at my next match in a few days," Megatronous smiles widely as he heads back to the hospital doors.

  The crow cheered in response and went on their merry ways, chatting to each other about the interaction and who Megatronous' little brother was.

  "You're good with words," Orion smiles as he shuffles a load of books in his arms, trying to adjust a bag strap onto his shoulder.

  "Thanks. Here, let me help with that," Megatronous takes half the books from Orion's arms and tucks them under his arm as the smaller mech manages to put the strap onto his shoulder.

  "Thanks. These are for your brother since he mentioned a few times that he enjoys reading," Orion chirps as they walk into the hospital. He tilts his helm slightly as he studies the mech beside him, wondering how he managed to stay so calm while dealing with a large crowd like that. He would freeze up and stumble over his words if he had to do anything like that.

  "Big brother? Hi, Mister Pax," Husk waves a little as Idominous wheels him over to them. He was picking at the armrests nervously, scared out of his mind that another crowd would come crashing through the door and interrupting them again.

  "Hi, Husk. I brought some books for us to read," Orion holds his stack of books up with a gentle smile resting on his face.

  "Hey. You doing okay? Did the crowd scare you?" Megatronous gently taps Husk's forehelm. He holds a book out to the smaller mech who immediately grabs the book and holds it to his chest, slowly relaxing from the weight in his arms.

  "That was super scary. Can we go back to the room? Please?" Husk asked quietly. He didn't want to be much of a burden anymore but there wasn't anything he could really do besides rest constantly and worry about Megatronous fighting in the gladiator ring.

  "Of course we can. Which book should we start reading first?" Idominous smiles as he leads the way back to the room, pushing the wheelchair in front of him. He hated the large crowd for scaring Husk and taking Megatronous to be some kind of fighting god but there wasn't anything he could do besides be there for his sons when they needed him most.