Council Meeting

As a gong calls out, the councilmechs soon settle into their seats. Their conversations slowly quieten as Alpha Trion settles into his seat. He studies some datapads before him as the conversations finally stop and he looks up at the council.

  "Let's begin, shall we? Bring in our first appeal," he calls and the guards across from him open the door to reveal Orion and Megatron patiently waiting. They walked into the room once the guards allowed them entry.

  "Greetings, great council. I am Megatron, a gladiator of Kaon, and I wish to speak of a potential war threatening our great world," he said, giving a small bow toward Alpha Trion.

  "Speak, Megatron. Tell us what you have to offer," Alpha Trion rests his helm on a fist, leaning back in his seat. He was curious about this gladiator and why Orion had taken such an interest in him and everyone in Kaon.

  "As you may know, many people who aren't as fortunate as others who live in great cities like Iacon cannot get the supplies or necessities everyone needs to live good lives. I propose that a mission to provide medical supplies, as well as Energon and food, are given to places in desperate need," Megatron explains as he slowly faces each councilman. He didn't want to make it seem like he was ordering them but he wasn't entirely sure if they knew he was offering a solution he wanted to work on.

  "Hmmm. And how will this stop the coming war?" Alpha Trion hums as he picks up a datapad, giving it a once over before setting it back down. He wasn't sure how to prevent the war but if there could be a potential solution to help everyone, he was willing to give it a try.

  "This will satisfy many people who are struggling. I once was in their position with my younger brother. Thanks to certain people we are now living in much better conditions and my brother has gotten the medical care he needed," Megatron explains. He smiles softly as memories of those days flood his mind, but he shakes his helm as he looks up at Alpha Trion.

  "Interesting. We'll have to discuss this topic heavily. Thank you for sharing this concern," Alpha Trion nods as he sits up straight. He studies Megatron then Orion, curious how their friendship grew in a tough situation.

  Megatron bows slightly again then heads towards the door, hoping that they will be able to understand how severe the conditions are for many suffering people. He pauses as he noticed that Orion hadn't come with him and he turns around to see him still facing the council.

  "I may not have grown up like Megatron and his younger brother had but I've seen the struggles and crushed hope of these people. Many of them are desendants of those who have sinned against Cybertron and its people. They have redeemed their ancestors many times over and have proven their worth as well. So I ask you, great council, what would you do if it was you and your family fighting for your life in the mines? Or the gladiator rings?" Orion asked, slowly walking around the area in front of the council seating. He bows slightly then goes over to Megatron, growing lost in thought. He instinctively spoke to help Megatron fight for those who couldn't fight for themselves.

  "Nice speech," Megatron smiles as he pats Orion's shoulder and walks out with him. He didn't know that the shy nerd could make a big speech in front of important people like he did but he was glad that he was on his side.

  "Thanks," Orion blushes as he rubs the back of his neck. He was surprised himself that the council was actually paying attention to his little, makeshift speech but as long as it helped, he was happy to have said all of it. He covers his optics as they walked out of the building then lowers his hand as he looks around the area.

  "Looks like it got busier while we were talking with the council," Megatron places his hands on his hips as he watches people chat with each other. Many were walking up to the building as others were sitting on benches or walls while they laughed and talked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Back in the Council Room~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Alpha Trion hums softly as he watches the doors. Both speeches from Megatron and Orion got him thinking about instating actual better rules for the people in less fortunate places.

  "Sir? Are you alright?" a councilmech to his right asked, looking up at him. He frowns as he didn't get a response and he lightly taps the armrest, catching the mech's attention.

  "Hm? Oh. I'm alright. Those two mechs got me thinking about what's really going on down in the slums. We do need to discuss what to do to help those people," Alpha Trion looks over to the councilmech.

  "Sir, we both know why the people live like that," the councilmech tries to protest but Alpha Trion shook his helm as he stood up. The rest of the council look over as he stood up and they wondered what made him stood up.

  "Everyone, this is a topic we've skirtted around for far too long. We need to discuss what we can do to help the less fortunate people," Alpha Trion looks around at everyone and sits back down.

  "Sir, that'll drain us faster than you can imagine," a councilmech protested as he stood up from his seat near the door. 

  "No it won't. As long as the supplies keep coming in as they are, we will be able to help everyone," Alpha Trion shook his helm. He tilts his helm as Orion's speech came back to him.

  "And how do you propose we do that, sir?" the councilmech by the door demanded, placing his hands on the bar in front of him.

  "We invite a new Prime into our midst to guide us. One who's seen what's really been happening," Alpha Trion looks over at the councilmech, a faint smile on his face.

  "The gladiator? Absolutely not. He's going to be too cruel in that power," the councilmech sat back down, nervous about the reaction he got. He didn't want to have some cruel gladiator as a new Prime. Someone like that would kill everyone.

  "Not the gladiator. The mech next to him. I think that is Orion Pax, a librarian who has a brilliant mind when he's not reading whatever book he has his face stuck in," Alpha Trion explains, tapping his cheek.

  "Ha! As if a librarian could be a Prime," a third councilmech mocks under his breath. He knew of Orion's reputation as an excellent librarian who also enjoyed a few gladiator fights.