FOUR

Padme had snuck into the boys sleeping quarters. Al was sitting on his bed, reading a book. She didn't know how to say it so he would believe it, but at the same time, not tease her about it. She checked that no one else was there.

"Al, can I borrow your Invisibility cloak? Please?"

"What for?"

"Can you keep a secret?" She couldn't believe she was actually doing this.

"As long as it doesn't involve anyone dying!" he joked

"Too bad then!" She laughed, trying to gain some time to build up the confidence requested to make her lie believable.

"You want to kill someone?" Albus asked, his eyes getting bigger.

"I'm joking, relax."

"So what is it then?"

"I need the cloak to meet up with James without being seen."

"Why? Is he that bad looking?" chuckled Albus

"No..."

"Then why?"

"We don't want anyone seeing us, we want to be left alone and..."

"By Merlin's beard! You guys are secretly dating!"

"Don't scream like that! We want to keep it secret!" she said as she restrained her astonishment on how easy it had been to convince Albus that her lie was true.

"But why?"

"Gryffindor and Slytherin Quidditch Captains dating, how does that sound?" she made up on the spot as an excuse.

"It would look kind of weird...I agree."

"So can you lend it to me?" she asked with begging eyes

"Fine."

"And don't tell anyone. Not even Jen, nor Lily, nor Scorpius and certainly not Anakin."

"Don't worry. Here you go. Good luck!"

She pulled the cloak on and had no trouble at all getting out of the common room since someone had left the door ajar.

She went into the corridor, James was waiting for her. She waited for him to react but then realized that he couldn't see her. She walked to his side and whispered in his ear.

"Boo!"

He jumped a little and she contained her laughter.

"What the hell? Black, why would you do that?"

"I thought it would be funny," she admitted

"So childish of you..."

"Coming from you that doesn't mean anything."

"Ready for our date?"

"Stop calling it that. It's not a date."

"Two people meeting up alone is most definitely a date."

"Are you coming under the cloak or are you going to walk alone in the hallway like an idiot."

"I'm coming under it, the goal is not to be seen."

"I know that! So, are you coming?"

She raised the cloak and he slipped under it. She immediately felt James' body heat as he stood close to her.

"-Can we start walking?" she asked

"Let's go!"

They walked to the moving staircases. As they were going up one of the steps disappeared and Padme almost fell. James caught her, putting a hand on her hips.