𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗: 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑷𝒂𝒔𝒕, 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑶𝒇𝒇𝒆𝒓, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑹𝒐𝒔𝒆.

𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗: 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑷𝒂𝒔𝒕, 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑶𝒇𝒇𝒆𝒓, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑹𝒐𝒔𝒆.

Your eyes are heavy, lids refusing to lift as your sleep fades, and you feel the soft silky feel of sheets under you. The sensation pleasing to the touch as your naked form clings to someone, holding onto you for dear life.

Opening your eyes, black and red hair cloud your vision and soft snoring purrs in your ears. Her legs are intertwined with yours as her arms are wrapped around your stomach. Behind you, someone shifts in the bed, the frame creaking softly as the weight shifts. She's buried her head into your chest, where her breath tickles the hair that covered your exposed skin.

"Go back to sleep, it's still early" someone whispers into your ear. Her voice is soft as she tries to not wake the girl clinging onto you.

"If only it were that easy..." you whisper to her. You twist your head to gaze at the woman behind you. Her red eyes meet your crimson ones as she wraps her arms around your neck. Her legs press against you, her skin is soft, almost as soft as the sheets, but you can feel the rough touch of hands, probably from the grip she places on her sword when she fights.

"Another bad dream again?" she asks as she runs a finger through your hair. "Don't worry, we're right here" she breathes softly before she places her head behind you and blows gently into your ear. You can't help the chuckle escape your mouth.

"I know it's just..." your neck throbs. "After so long, she still has a hold on me. Just wish I could get rid of this damn mark" Raven's fingers glide from your hair to your neck, her finger traces the petals of the rose.

"I know..." she whispers, sympathy in her hushed voice. "But we'll be here for you even if she comes. We'll always be here, my sweet sweet bat~"

"Thank you..." You can feel that feeling again. Your eyes grow heavier and heavier before eventually your lids close, Raven plants soft kisses along your neck, following the thorny vines that tangle around it.

You can feel your heart flutter as sleep takes hold. It's a nice feeling and for once you feel that nice emotion again.

Love.

Along with the kisses and Summer's soft breath against the skin of your chest, you feel truly safe. You can't help but let your guard slip away as you drift away from the world. All you can see is...

Nothing.

...

Vale, 20 years later.

Your head throbs as you open your eyes. The light of overhead lights blinds you. Your eyes sting, and you can feel tears water the edges of your vision.

Your face feels sore as you lift your head from the cold metallic table underneath you. The sound of someone sipping down a drink causes your ears to perk up in response.

"Ah, back in the land of the living, I see" A man says as he places his mug of coffee sown on the table.

Your crimson eyes meet his brown orbs as he scans you over. His eyes flickered from the blood stains on your clothes and chest. Then, to the dried remnants of your last drink around your mouth. The blood coated your beard in a light red sheen.

"Bad dream?" he says as he glances at the stacks of papers laid out in front of him. "I've read here in your file you suffer from a form of Insomnia and mix of night terrors"