𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕾𝖎𝖝: 𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝑪𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝑯𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝑩𝒆𝒆𝒏, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑫𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝑬𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒉𝒍𝒚 𝑫𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒔.

𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕾𝖎𝖝: 𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝑪𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝑯𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝑩𝒆𝒆𝒏, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑫𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝑬𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒉𝒍𝒚 𝑫𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒔.

Jack and you sat alone in the bar now. The girls left an hour ago, hoping to beat the student curfew, so Weiss could keep her precious record clean and so the rest could have plenty of energy for the up-and-coming week.

Ruby wanted to stay, to listen to more of Jack's stories about his time with her mother's team, about your time with her mother. But Yang bribed the girl, though, with the promise of cookies fresh from the bakery in the morning.

That was enough for the girl to almost sprint out the door, leaving the rest in her petally wake. You felt bad, though, for Blake having to heave that stack of books back, you almost offered to help, but no. Blake didn't even acknowledge your offer as she walked out the door.

The mood was off. Something about the girl was strange. It was either because of your kiss with Yang or your talk about Adam and Cirice.

It didn't help that before they all departed, Yang gave you a small kiss on the cheek, earning a groan from Weiss and a searing glare from Blake.

You're sure you find out tomorrow from Yang. Gossip appears to be her specialty.

"You have a fun night, kid?" Jack asked from behind the bar. The man seemed more upbeat now as he grabbed another bottle of 'nectar' from the shelves. Maybe because the Schnee was finally gone...

Or, because he finally had someone to tell his stories to.

Other than you, of course.

"Yeah, you have a good night too?" you said, sipping from the same glass of whiskey. It tasted almost as good as when you were alive. Then, you could enjoy the taste of alcohol without throwing up. Shame, you'll feel awful in tomorrow afternoon.

Jack tuned back to you, bottle in hand, a soft smile that twisted his beard funnily.

"Yeah, felt good to tell my tales of yore. I like those girls, even that Schnee!" Jack said, a slight chuckle escaping his lips. His face soured as he realized the words that left his mouth. "Ew, that felt awful to say out loud"

You laughed at the older kindred.

"Yeah, I bet" you said, a smirk spreading across your lips.

Jack shot you a glance, his smile turning into a devious grin. "So, what's up with you and Yang? You two a thing already?"

You shook your head, the smirk souring into a conflicted expression on your face.

"I don't really know..." you said. Inside you felt warm, fuzzy even. A mix of embarrassment and yearning, like a boy with a crush, a complicated crush.

"I think we're gonna give it a go, at least that's what she wants" you said to the old vampire.

Jack gained a curious expression, his brow raising at the words that left your mouth. "Do you want that?"

You shook your head, more conflict brewing inside. "I like her, I really do, it's just..."

"Feels weird?" Jack guessed.

"Right on the money" you confirmed. "Probably nothing, right?"

Jack nodded. "Just go with it, Y/n. Remember how you felt when you got with Raven all those years ago? I remember you feeling just like this, all weird and stuff. Dating humans, mortals, It ain't natural, 'course it's gonna feel strange!"