Chapter 2: 2 years ago

I was so exhausted after working so hard in this craphole mail room. I just finished sorting out the last row of mail and took it out. As I walked past all the people working and entered the associates offices I felt like all eyes were on me. I wore a straight black skirt with a loose top and a black shoe that screams I'm serious and I work in the mail room. I passed out each and everyone of them and left the offices immediately.

As I got to this beautiful office I've always dreamed of working in one day, I glance to see if anyone was coming and entered right in. I studied the room very carefully making sure I don't touch anything, it was so neat and organized and I felt if I did ever work here I would keep it this way.

I've heard so much about the partner in this office, she's hot tempered, she doesn't like poke nosers and all that but I still lingered in her office a while longer. As I sat on her revolving chair I heard someone clear their throat.

'I'm so sorry I didn't mean to, I was just tempted' as I look up I see this gorgeous young man and he looks me straight in the eyes, no one in this office has done that before.

'Any mail for me? '

'Yes it's right there on the table'

'Thanks, did you want anything else?'

'I'm sorry to intrude but I thought or better still I heard a woman works in this office'

'She resigned yesterday and I'm here filling in'. As I saw a window of opportunity I had to grab it 'So you must be looking for an associate then'

'I've got mine, if you don't mind I have work to do ' and with that I left his office with so little hope.

I go back to sharing these mails and as I finish I walk straight to the mail room, get my stuff and head home.

I get into my room and I see a blue box with a ribbon waiting for me, I quickly open it and see its a short red dress and I found a note in it

'Wear this, we're going out and don't wear your crazy shoes' signed Rory. Oh how much I love this girl. I quickly get into the shower and dress up. I borrow my sisters shoes and I head out again.

'I thought we were going for a party or something '

'Yes we are'

'Then where is this party? And whose party is it?'

'It's in the next block and it's for high grade lawyers, we're getting you a better job with that dress' she points at me. We get to the door after knocking she stares at me and finally sighs and let's my hair down, gave me lipstick before accepting how I looked. We got in and it was in full swing, as they thought it was...I thought it just started, we went around and saw Rory's friends and she introduces me to them and they start chatting away.

I was so left out so I decided to walk about.

'You look better than you did earlier on'

I smile and turn back to find the guy from my office

'Now do I? Thank you'

'What are you doing at an awful party like this?'

'I'm here with a friend '

'Want to go outside?'

'sure'

We go outside and start talking just for me to find out he's engaged. We keep on talking and he gets to know of my qualifications and he was impressed as I was the highest student in the class.

Frank and I got comfortable with each other and in the office I was no longer the loner in the mail room but I was the friend of the partner. We go on lunch breaks together and at times share ideas. Some rumours I heard were that we were dating and I was his side fling before his marriage......As if (though I don't see why not, the guy is freaking hot).

On a very slow and beautiful Friday evening, I was sitting with my sisters watching a movie and feeling all giddy because I've not spent a lot of time with them lately as I have a new friend, I got a call from Frank and he would like us to meet at his apartment immediately and at first I was stunned to be invited but I still did go. I threw on some loose pants and a sweatshirt with flip flops and went straight there. He was with his fiance having dinner and I felt like I was a third wheel. I joined in and we got talking.

'This is delicious I need more'

'Help yourself Laurie'

'You're looking simple' his wife, Trina, said and I didn't know if it was a compliment or not as she is a fashion mogul but I say thank you anyway.

After dinner we went to his living room to discuss

'So how do you feel about making a lot of money, getting a promotion and making more than two people happy?'

I was taken aback 'Of course I would love that but I have to ask how because I don't see you with a magic stick'

'Well you see we want you to do something for us and it's kind of hard to say. It has to do with our future and I brought you here in front of my wife so you know I'm serious about it'

'I don't really get where you're heading with this so please elaborate'

'We want you to have a baby for us'

I started laughing a hearty laugh I was so out of place because I was the only one laughing in the room.

'You're actually serious about this?'

'Do we look like we're not?'

'I'm sorry but I can't '

'Just look at your opportunities, look at how happy your life can be. We're offering you more to life and you'll give us life. And I have to tell you if you don't do this for us, we won't be together. I know it's non of your business but we're asking you because you're the closest to us.'

'I'm sorry but I can't '

I stand up to leave 'Just think about it owkay? '

I nod 'Thank you'.

BORING!! Yeap I know it's boring but let's touch a bit of the present and see what's happening. VOTE!!!