Chapter 4: 2 years ago.

As I got home I told my mother everything that had happened and she was stunned. She thought it was absurd whereas my sister Marie who walked in on us mid conversation thought it was a good deal.

'Think of it Laurie you would get all that money not to talk of the promotion you've been talking about since last year.'

'Shut it child, she's doing nothing of that sort, not in my roof.'

'Mother it's her dream to get that promotion and if she does this she won't even be under your roof.'

'You guys it's my decision you know.'

'Look Laurie, I'm your mother and I'll definitely support you in anything you set your mind on doing, but just know that if you're thinking of having the child you'll have to move to an entire new city till you give birth and give them the child. You know your family members won't want that especially your father's side not to think of when you're getting married, this will all have to be a hush situation because you won't have loop holes in your life under my watch.'

'Mom I'll sleep on it whatever I decide I'll tell you tomorrow owkay?'

I walk out and go to bed.

'It's a choice I've made and I've already decided on where I'll stay and everything. They told me this 2 weeks ago and I still haven't talked to them about it, I'll have to face them sooner or later'

'I respect your choice Laurie and I'll support you all through'

'Thanks mom' I hug her and I decide to call Frank and his wife to tell them the news, they were so thrilled and said we should meet the next day for lunch.

'Thank you so much for this, this is the best news I've heard in weeks' his wife was crying and I was confused because I didn't know if my choice was a good one.

The following week we started the process and to the doctor we were on the positive side and after a month I was pregnant. I couldn't believe it was happening.

After 4 months and I thought it was starting to get obvious I decided to move to my grandmother's house for the rest of the months. I already told her about it so she was expecting me. I went alone without Frank or his wife because it would have been obvious a bit.

'Granny' I yelled 'Oh my God' I started crying. She came in and held me

'What's wrong?'

'I have a bad tummy ache, ahhhh'

We quickly rush to the hospital and all I knew was I saw myself in a bed the next morning. I turn a bit and I see my grandma

'Hey there, you're a very strong girl my dear'

'What happened granny?'

'I'm sorry to say but you lost the baby'

'Huuuh?' I faint.

I wake up an hour later and found the doctor in front of me.

'Hello there, I assume you've heard the news, I'm so sorry. You'll be well enough to be discharged in half an hour, my good nurse here will give you your pills and you're good to go'

'Thank you doctor'

I got dressed and was already on my way home. As I got home it hit me, I was so sad and I went to sit with my granny.

'You didn't have to do that just for a promotion.'

'Granny I just want you to be here for me right now, don't judge'

We sit on silence through the night.

I go for my check up with the doctor a week later and he says I was fine.

'Do you have a minute?' we were walking down the hall with my grandma already and I told her to wait in the car for me.

'Well your grandmother told me what is happening and I feel I can help' I take a seat in front of his desk.

' Help how?'

'Well as you can see I own a hospital and I can get you a lady about to give birth and who doesn't want to keep the baby.' My jaw drops and I close it back.

'Umm is that legal?'

'It's just like adoption just in your case you're adopting for another couple.'

'But what about feeding the baby?'

'Yes that, there is a formula given to be given to you, you'll be able to do all and more for the baby till the period you decide on stopping'

'But how about the gender, hair colour and all that'

'You'd be surprised how many women come here to deliver and leave their babies here, I'm sure all that will not be a problem.'

I leave the office confused, I feel like this past couple of months I've made the wrong decisions and they were the hugest decisions I've made so far in my life. I meet my grandma in the car and we drove home in silence. After my 2hour nap I go to the kitchen to get some food and I started telling her everything. My grandma was so delighted when I told her about the adoption part.

'But did you tell Frank? '

'Not yet'

'Then don't, don't tell anyone even your mother. Let them all think you're pregnant owkay?' I look at her in disbelief

'Trust me'

I call the doctor and tell him I'm in and he said he'll start the process.

'I hope this is a right decision'

'It is, now let's go shop for stomach pads just in case.'