Chapter 3: Present Day

After the fun day we'll extreme fun day because we did all I wanted we got home and I decided to get to my apartment. As I entered I just felt my heart shatter one more time. I could just see us everywhere. We had great moments in here together but I toughened up because I won't let my sisters efforts go to waste. I head to the kitchen and get a cup of hot cocoa and went straight to bed.

I wake up the next day feeling empty, just feeling like I have to do something but when I remember I feel a sharp part like a elephant dart to my eye. I glance at the time and it 7:45 I quickly rush to take a shower and I wear a loose short dress with black wedges I put my hair up in a ponytail and left the house for work. As I get to the firm I go straight to my office without doing my usual stops of saying hi's and hellos.

'Knock knock'

'Hey there.....'

'Susan, I'm new and I work in the office opposite yours'

'Hi Susan I'm Laurie Adams '

'I know all about you and I'm here to help'

'Thanks I'll be sure to look for you when I need it'

She leaves and I immediately feel a sense of care towards her. I feel like she'll understand me in some sort of way but then I shrug off the thought because I have a lot of things to do.

During lunch I go out to get food, I usually just know what I want to eat but I was feeling some type of way that I just wanted someone close as I get into the nearest restaurant I could find I bump into someone

'Can you look where you're going? See now you've ruined my suit and I have a big meeting and God this is so annoying ' and with that he storms out. I was dumbfounded but I just went on with what I was doing

As I got back to the office I realize I had a meeting in 10mins, I was to hire my own associate and from what I've heard it's a tough choice because you get very qualified people and you have to decide who. I get a cup of water and make my way to the conference room. There were 7 of them and they were to battle their way through my heart I guess. I immediately sight the guy I bumped into at the restaurant and I smile a bit. They start their mock trial in front of me and I felt that sudden love for the guy I bumped into.

'So, I've seen what all of you are capable of doing and I have made my choice. Thank you all for coming today but my choice is Jeremy Jefferson.' He stands up from the momentum and just starts laughing and throwing his arms around hmm happiness.

'Thank you thank you thank you so much'

'we start tomorrow' and with that I leave and continue my usual work of the day. As I sat in my office I remember I was going through a tough break up for a split of a second and then shift it off and continue working.

The next day was so free for me I even got time to go on a mani-pedi date with Rory and Sophie. We then went for lunch.

'Laurie when did you become this free?'

'The minute I got a hard working associate'

I flush and become as red as a tomato.

'Don't tell me you like him'

'I don't but we had this run in and it was like those fairytale stuff'

'You're barely out of a relationship and you're liking another person? '

'Yes but still I have to have feelings duh' I roll my eyes. I got a call from Jeremy at that moment and I smile at my phone and move to the side. 'Mr Monroe called and we have loads of paperwork'

'I'll be right there'

I got there and well we had a lot of paperwork we get a jump start but we had to work till the night. We order for pizza and we continue, I got so tired.

'Do you always look this cute when tired? '

'Well no' I blush

'I'm sorry for snapping at you the other day and I want to take you out on a proper dinner not pizza and cranberry juice as an apology '

'That's too much for an apology'

'Should I take that as a yes?'

'Umm yah I guess'

I forgot about the date and when I remember it was about 7:15 giving me exactly 45minutes to get ready.

'Oh dear' I roll my eyes

I take a shower and I decide on a red dress that Marie bought for me on my birthday, with a black suede shoe and my black purse. At exactly 8 he was at my door.

'hmm on time'

I open the door and lead us down to his car. Not the usual car I get picked up from usual audi's and benz's but I'll go with the usual Honda that smells like broccoli and pepper surprisingly.

'Nice ride'

'I know it's not the type of cars you go out with so don't flatter me'

We go to this cute restaurant that I've never known in all my stay in this town. He makes our orders and we chat through the very nice food.

As we were about to go, we saw a piano man by the road.

'May I have this dance?'

'Of course '

We dance away time and when we finally got to my apartment it was very late.