✧ 𝐒𝐈𝐗

" La tua presenza mi dona pace

" La tua presenza mi dona pace. "

.*ೃ༄
╰┈➤ I watched carefully as the steady stream of tea poured down into the small container. Soft sunlight filtered through the window, naturally illuminating the small room.

Yanqing sat across from me at the small table—his gaze fixed on the steam rising from the teacup.

Rhythmic clinks of the cooling metal in the workshop played a gentle melody, but it was as any day in the smithy. I settled into my chair, cradling the cup in my hands, feeling the warmth seep through.

"Do you remember a while ago, when I asked you what keeps you going?" Yanqing suddenly said, as I took a sip of my tea. "You told me that you'd tell me someday."

I glanced at him, "Ah, yes, I do remember."

He chuckled lightly, "Well, you don't have to. I've figured it out."

That hint of pride in the swordsman's voice ushered a smile from myself. "Is that so? Care to share it with me?"

Yanqing leaned closer, "You're always seeking peace, aren't you? Amidst the clangs of the hammer and the echoes of the past—you wish for a quiet and peaceful life."

His observation struck a chord, catching me by surprise. After a moment of thoughtful silence, I nodded. "Yes, I wish to live a quiet and peaceful life."

Yanqing's smile widened as he sipped his tea.

I looked once more toward the window, my eyes following the clouds moving slowly across the sky.

Amidst the beautiful view—a pair of doves flew alongside those little clouds.

I cast one final glance at Yanqing, a small smile playing on my lips. He fiddled with his teacup, almost spilling the entire contents—causing me to shake my head with a laugh,

"Although, maybe I have already found it."

[FINE DELLA STORIA]

╰┈➤ UNEDITED

[FINE DELLA STORIA]••• ┊┊╰┈➤ UNEDITED ✧

Original publication: 01.03.2024