The Bon fire and The Cocky One~ 2

TW: Violence and mention of blood!

You stood up and spoke softly, "alright listen, I don't know where I am or frankly who I am. I'm scared and I don't know what to do" your eyes wandering around

The blond one who they call Newt smiled at you with an empathetic smile and spoke, "It's okay greenie, or should I say she-bean. Every person who has come up has been in the same position as you. Every one here knows how you are feeling. You'll get used to it and remember your name."

You nodded and said with a little more confidence, "So this place is called..The Glade? And I can't leave because the walls or whatever is inside the walls will kill me?"

Newt laughed, "Yeah greenie, the things inside are called Grievers and will kill you. But no worries you won't die if you go in there. Because we have many different jobs for you!" The boy would say with his very weird accent. It was strong and thick, it wasn't like the other ones you've heard so far.

"Well, okay uhm..I do have another question who put us here?" You'd question as Newt would start walking and you'd quickly catch up

"The thing is, we don't know but the word W.C.K.D send us multiple supplies every month, so I'm guess they did." Newt would smile while answering your questions, clearly he knew a lot.

"Oh I'm sorry for being rude but my names Newt and I'm second in command." Newt would look over at you and nod to the Darker man from a few minutes ago "And that's Alby, He's the first in command."

"So Alby was here before anyone?" You'd curiously ask,Newt would nod, "Yeah a month alone in the glade must have made him a good leader." You'd smile and look at the ground then think to yourself hey maybe it isn't so bad. They seem nice and they seem like they have a good little community.

Newt would take you around showing you different jobs and how things work afterwards he'd exclaim, "oh we also have a few rules Greenie and you must follow them to live here."

"Okay, what are they?" You'd question, I mean I didn't expect them to be this organized, I kinda expected them to be at each other's throats for food. Maybe I misjudged them.

" Never go outside the Glade, unless you are a Runner.
Never hurt another Glader. You have to trust each other. Everyone does their part. No slackers." Newt would sternly say to you. "So Greenie what job do you want?"

"Wait, Wait, Wait. A few hours ago you told me we strictly CANNOT go outside the walls or we die? What's up with the runners?" You'd call him out, crossing your arms as you said so

Newt would laugh at your personality " Well, the grievers only come out during the night when the walls close, the walls reopen at a certain time in the morning every day. Everyday a group of Runners go into the maze to map it out and figure out a way to escape. Then they come back before nightfall, the doors shut and we are safe." Newt would give you a bright smile, "Bloody hell greenie you are really curious, anything else?" He'd question

"Well I wanna be a runner." You'd shoot back

"No you don't get it do you, you can't be one yet. You must be chosen." He'd look at you with a stern look.

"And by who?" You'd give him an accusing look

"Minho he's the head of the runners, he isn't back yet but you'll find him at the Fire tonight, but for now just pick a job and stick to it Greenie." He'd go back to smiling at you, "so what's the verdict?"

"I'll be a med Jack, seems easy enough." You'd smile at him but on the inside your cogs were turning, alright time for another break down of things you do know.