✦ • 𝙋𝙧𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚 • ✦

𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
𝐀𝐧 𝐀𝐰𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐧?

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

"So... Please play with me again"

  ✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

No One's POV

8 years Ago

"Y/n, I gotta go. Are you sure you'll be fine?" Cassian asked with a worried tone looking at the 9 year old child before him. A cool aid patch on her forehead.

"Yeah."

"Jeff won't be back til' tomorrow... And I have a lot to do today--"

"The doctor said it's a light fever so it's fine." Y/n cut off her older brother's words, knowing the drill already.

'Yeah right.' Cassian thought recalling last night's events when she nearly reached a temperature of 40°C (104°F)

Her fever came down by the morning but it didn't mean she was fine.

"I'll try to be back soon. Call me if you can't handle the pain, kay?" Ruffling his sister's hair, Y/n giggled before nodding.

"I will. Bye-bye!"

"Don't forget to eat. I made you some chicken soup earlier. Just heat it up."

"Kay"

Cassian felt bad having to leave his sick sister behind just to go be a psyker. Flashing her a smile Cassian closed the door behind him. Now leaving a 9 year old Y/n Lee with a fever of 38.5°C (101.3°F) along in their home.

Y/n sighed, putting off her smile. Her eyes felt hot, head feeling heavy. If she had not pretended to be fine her brother would miss another day at work because of her.

Practically dragging herself to her bedroom. Y/n fell to the comforts of her sheets before feeling her fever coming back up. As though it only cooperated earlier to get her brother to work.

'Everything hurts...'

Honestly she wanted to call her brother right then and now. But she already kept him from work for 2 days all because her stubborn fever won't leave her alone.

"I wanna sleep..."

Meanwhile...

"Damn." Kayden cursed clutching his side.