two .ᐟ the imaginary girl

𝓐CT 𝓞NE

chapter two - the
imaginary girl .

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝓙AMES POTTER SPENT MOST of his summer thinking about a girl, trying to remember every little thing about her. He couldn't believe he forgot to give her his name, even after all that time they had spent together.

He remembered her soft, black curls, and how they would entangle his hand into them, almost begging him to stay there with her forever. He remembered how she sang different folk songs to him, all in the three languages she spoke fluently other than English. French, Greek, and Hindi, he recalled, remembering how she told him so, whilst playing with his hair. He remembered how she smelt, like pomegranate and vanilla, and how her bracelets jingled wherever she went. He remembered the taste of her soft lips, her glittery, pomegranate flavoured lip gloss smearing his own and leaving them with a unique shine.

James didn't know what to do with himself, with no way to contact his summer girl, he resorted to poetry. Needless to say, James should definitely avoid a career in poetry. His parents had found the poems, and tried to gently let him know how awful they were.

He had sent letters to his mates over the summer, telling them all about her. Sadly, they just thought the girl was a figment of his imagination, and a way to get over Lily Evans.

Truth be told, he was already over Lily. After asking her why she doesn't like him, she had told him not to take her rejections personally, and that she was simply not into guys at all. It had taken him a while to process her words due to his tipsy state, but once he understood, he completely sobered up and gave her a big hug.

"Jamie! Come quick my sweet!" his mum called from the stairs, snapping him out of his train of thoughts.

"You better not be writing anymore of those God awful poems about the summer girl Jam!" his dad joked, earning a slap to the chest from Euphemia.

James chuckled to himself before heaving his trunk off his desk and dashing down the stairs.

ᶻ 𝘇 𐰁

The three arrived at Platform 9 3/4 with five minutes to spare and Euphemia let no time go to waste and immediately pulled James into a massive, warm hug.

"Alright alright, save some James for me." Fleamont chuckled, before pulling his son into a similar hug.

When they pulled away, his mum planted a kiss to his cheek and his dad ruffled his hair lovingly.

"Muum!" James whined, "Daad!" not out of embarrassment, but because he wanted to go and find his friends.

"Oh James." said Euphemia, teary eyed, "Don't get into too much trouble okay? I don't want another letter from McGonagall regarding your behaviour. I love you so much darling."

"Make sure you tell me about all the pranks you do in your letters." This earned another slap to the chest from Euphemia, though she was smiling, "I love you my boy." He patted James' back and ruffled up his hair again.

"Okay I have to go now, I love you guys so much!" James said, making his way towards the scarlet train.

"Write to us!" They called to him.

"I will, promise!" He called back, before disappearing onto the train in search of the marauders and their usual compartment.

ᶻ 𝘇 𐰁

"So Prongs, how's your imaginary girl?" grinned Sirius.

"Oh for Merlin's sake." he grumbled, "She's not imaginary I swear!"

"Oh we believe you Prongs, it's okay." Peter chuckled, stretching his legs and placing them in James' lap, only to have it swatted away.

Deciding he wanted the subject to change, and wanting to stir something, he smirked before saying, "So Padfoot, you and Moony finally got together huh?" gesturing to a sleeping Remus who had his head in Sirius' lap, facing towards his tummy and away from the rest of the group.

At this, Sirius choked on air, turning the brightest shade of red anyone had ever seen, even brighter than the star he was named after.

This movement disrupted the sleeping figure in Sirius' lap, causing him to sleepily groan and wrap his arms around Sirius' waist, pulling himself closer to him, causing the other boy to go more red, if that was even physically possible.