three .ᐟ the sorting ceremony

𝓐CT 𝓞NE

chapter three - the
sorting ceremony .

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝓙UMPING UP AND DOWN in joy, Altair waited for his name to be called out and for the sorting hat to place him in his respective house. He looked to his right to see his two sisters and almost fell at their bored expression.

"How can you guys be so bored at a sorting ceremony!?" he gasped, scandalised, "It's so entertaining! Trying to guess which house they'll be in, no?" Altair had read up on the Hogwarts houses on the train journey to Hogwarts and had found it extremely fascinating.

"She's over there, guys it's my soulmate from this summer!" James exclaimed at the Gryffindor table, not being able to believe his eyes, he pointed at the table of first years who were waiting to be sorted, alongside two other older looking girls.

"My COUSIN? What's she doing here!?" whisper-shouted Sirius, "And my other cousins too!?"

"She's your cousin? What-"

"BLACK, ALTAIR." a stern voice called from the front of the great hall, cutting James off.

He smiled at his sisters from the stool, giving them a thumbs up, which they responded to by returning the gesture with wide smiles.

"Hmmm, another Black? Oh not like the rest of your family I see. Very cunning and ambitious, like your father. But not enough leadership skills. Loyal and hardworking, you would do well in Hufflepuff..."

"Oh no, I look terrible in yellow!" he thought to himself.

"Terrible in yellow? I see lots of creativity and intelligence, hmm you have lots of potential, better be..."

"RAVENCLAW!" it yelled.

He walked up to the Ravenclaw table and almost immediately made friends with the person he was sat to the right of.

"BLACK, ANJELA."

"Please be Gryffindor. Please not Slytherin. Please be Gryffindor. Please not Slytherin." James muttered under his breath with his eyes squeezed shut and fingers crossed, causing all 3 of his friends to roll their eyes at his dramatics.

"SLYTHERIN!" the hat called.

James bashed his forehead onto the table, softly so that his glasses wouldn't break, and started to fake cry. Several Gryffindors looked his way before looking back as they realised it was just James Potter.

James watched as Anjela walked over to the Slytherin table with a big smile on her face and engulfed an overjoyed Regulus into a hug before sitting down into the spare seat next to him.

"BLACK, AXELIA."

"10 galleons she'll be a Gryffindor." Sirius spoke up quickly, aware of the limited time for their little gamble.

"Nah 15 she'll be in Slytherin." James remarked.

"I'll just put 5 galleons on Hufflepuff for fun then." said Peter.

"And I'll take all the money if she's a Ravenclaw." Remus added, half-joking.

"RAVENCLAW!" the hat yelled out.

"Fuck!" chorused the three boys, defeatedly handing the smug werewolf a sum of 25 galleons.