Surprise, Surprise

Ja
Monday, April 19th

"Alright, LoLo, have a great day." I kissed her forehead and handed her the Barbie lunchbox she bugged me for.

"Thanks, Daddy!" LoLo said and ran off to meet with her cousins

After dropping her off at school, I cleaned Lauren's Tesla and went grocery shopping. I grab Lauren's list on the kitchen table and go to Trader Joe's. Once Inside, I begin shopping."Alright, the first thing we need is in the dairy section. Milk, eggs, cheese." Ja read the list to himself.

While shopping, Lauren ended up calling me on FaceTime.

"Hello, beautiful. You're finally up?"

"Yeah, but you aren't here? I thought you were taking Lonnie to school and coming back?"

"I was supposed to, but I saw the grocery list on the table, so I figured I would get them while I was out."

Lauren's face was shocked, and I felt bad because that meant I hadn't been keeping my word or helping out like I was supposed to before we had that talk yesterday.

"I promise I would help out more, and I meant it."

"Well... Don't forget, before you go to work, we have my appointment with Dr. Bowen."

"Of course, baby! I'll see you in a little bit."

After Ja and Lauren hung up the phone, he finished shopping and left the market. Before finally heading home, I stopped at Wendy's and got her favorite meal. Once I was home, I saw Lauren in the kitchen with sunglasses on, leggings, and a hoodie, making her a plate of leftovers. He sat the groceries on the counter and took a quick picture of her.

"Ja!!!!" She giggled a bit

JaMorant_: Look at my baby girl! She enjoys her day off 😭

"I figured you and my son needed a little something, but I guess you beat me to it." We laughed

"Oh, no, baby, I'ma eat that too." She grabbed the bag and sat at the table

Ja put away the groceries and sat at the table with his wife, and they ate in silence, which isn't a norm for the two of them.

"Everything ok babe?" He asked her

"Ja, please be honest with me, if we have another girl are you going to be disappointed?"

"Babe, you know how bad I want a junior but if we end up with another baby girl that's fine too as long as they are healthy" I rubbed her hand with my thumb

"I love you" She kissed me

"I love you more, mama" Ja smiles

Once we were done eating Lauren and I changed clothes and headed to the OBGYN.

...
Lauren

Ja and I were at the OBGYN appointment making sure everything was good with the baby. I was happy that we were having another child and not so soon after Lonnie. I won't be one of those parents who force the oldest to babysit but at least I know when Ja is out I can yell to the other room and ask for assistance if I need it.

"Ok, Dr. Jon--

"Morant. Dr. Morant" Lauren looked at Ja and Smiled

"I apologize. Dr. Morant, all your labs came back clear you are in good health, Let's check on the little one" The nurse said and grabbed the sonograph gel. She put the wand on my stomach and started moving it around. I looked at my baby and they had the strongest heartbeat I've ever heard on a baby.

"Ja, look, it's our little one" I smiled. "They are so tiny. is it a boy or a girl?"

"You want to know now or I can send it to someone you trust for the gender reveal?" The nurse asked

"Now," we said together. "We aren't having a gender reveal" Ja added

Ok, let me move the wand down some and.. Mhm.. that is weird" The nurse said

"What? What's wrong with my baby?" Ja asked

"Well, with Dr. Morant being an OBGYN, I'm sure when I show her this she'll be able to see that..."

"There isn't a baby," I said shockingly

"What!" Ja yelled

"There are two babies" The nurse and I said together. "Oh my gosh.. We're having twins" Ja said

"Yep. Baby A is a girl and baby B is a boy" The nurse smiled

"Yes! We got the best of both worlds!!!" Ja shouted while tears rolled down his cheeks.

"I love you so much, Lauren. We're gonna be so happy" Ja kisses me hard

"I love you too, papa" I wiped my tears after we kissed

Like, Comment, Share ❤️