Chapter 7

"WHAT?!"

Mr Dan began stuttering, while Regna and Alan looked traumatized. "W-well, S-soot Beng, w-who are you talking about?"

Facepalming herself for not being clear enough, Soot Beng clarified, "Regna and Alan, Mr Dan. " At their horrified faces (and Regna's disgusted face), she quickly added, "It's not my fault that Alan was being very protective of you!"

Alan blushed slightly, Regna looked like she was going to puke, and Mr Dan was stepping back, flustered.

"Ok, let me clear this up!" Regna said, clapping her hands, "Me and Mr Alan are certainly not dating or married, because I would rather kiss a pufferfish then go out with him. No offense." Mr Alan just murmured that none was taken, and then turned his attention back to the trio.

"Now, can you please explain what you were doing in the organisations office?"

At this, Sherly (who had been quiet up until now) replied, "We knew there was something fishy about the organisation, so we had to come search. And, well, we have a lot of information about you from listening to you under the table! Also, I have a question, why on earth did you need that ring?"

A phone rang in the silence, and Alan took it out of his pocket, and turned pale. Quickly, Regna peeked over his shoulder and motioned him to go outside, and then looked back at the trio with a fierce glare. "I don't know why you wanted to come here in the dead of night, but since you're here you might as well want some answers! Sit Down." Sherly and Dan scrambled into a seat, but Soot Beng was still standing up, wondering if she should sit down. When she was faced with a death stare, she decided that her life was quite valuable and she should just sit down and get some answers. Regna started to pace around in front of them. She wasn't looking forward to sitting down again.

"Now, about the ring...that's for another day. The most important thing you need to know is about the inner circle of the organisation. Now, that includes of 3 adults and...1 student. The 3 adults include me and Mr Alan. The other one is...I can't believe I'm about to do this...his father." She looked on grimly as teachers almost fell of their chair in surprise.

"His father?"

"Is he the actual CEO of the Organisation, then?" Soot Beng whispered, starting to connect pieces in her head.

Regna nodded, and said, "He is the one who comes up with all the plans. Alan has to agree with them and me? I'm just stuck in the middle. He is currently on a phone call with Alan, no doubt asking if me and him are going smoothly." She muttered that last part and scoffed.

"Anyway, the other student is Teverly. Yes, that kid who moved to T1-T5. The one who always talks in that fake voice. That is the inner circle of the organisation. Now, let me tell you something. You will never be able to take down the organisation. Harsh truth, get to grips with it. If you take down the CEO, then Mr Alan will be made the head, and he will have no choice but to carry the evil plans out, because we have very evil people who I will not mention in our organisation, who do everything for money. We also have the CEO's wife." She winced. Mr Alan's mother was a bit too cuddly with her, and then turned to a raging monster when it came to business.

Sherly then interrupted her and uttered, "But, you've been on the inside of the organisation, Regna ever since you graduated, and that was roughly 7 years ago or something. I don't get why you would even join in anyway, since your family is one of the richest in the country. So in all of this time, how have you never been able to take down the organisation behind the scenes?"

Sighing at how unable they were to comprehend and string things together, Regna snapped, "Don't you get it? The organisation wasn't bad before. It helped every school in a good way, and never expelled students for something random. We never even shaved their hair. Then, one day..." Her face darkened, "it all changed. The Boss started carrying out evil plans, and me and Mr Alan were instructed to act as the CEOs, with Mr Alan being higher than me, when in reality it's the other way round actually. No one knows that though. But Mr Alan, for the first year or 2 at Titan Academy, he genuinely was on his father's side. He especially started being harsher on that day." She spat out, clearly still furious at something.

"Hang on, hang on!" Mr Dan said, raising his hands up as Regna looked at him. "So were you ever on the organisation's side?" They all looked back at her and she contemplated what he had said.

"Well...before Titan Academy yes I was because they weren't bad. But ever since we signed the contract with Miss Siti...I guess I knew I wasn't, but I had no choice. What can I say? I was the only women in the organisation's inter circle. I was known as the weak one." She shrugged and smiled sadly, and it was only then they all found that Regna had faced many hardships, and seemed to truly be on their side.

"Is there any way we can, like, reduce the severity, or even better remove the organisation's hold on the schools?"

Regna shook her head, "We have connections with politics (I know that ain't likely at all in real life, but just go along with it ok :)) and reducing the severity won't do. However..."

"What?"

"Titan Academy has to win this competition and in the 1 v 1, it has to be Teverly and Denise. That's the only way this plan is going to work. Meanwhile, I need to figure out if Teverly is truly on the organisation's side. If he is, then maybe we'll have to get Diana or Sunny to convince him out of it. Meanwhile, Teverly has to lose the 1 v 1."

"Why are you planning this out?"

"Only way Titan Academy won't be headed by an organisation. Because if Teverly loses..." She trailed of, forming the plan in her head, but also because she heard something at the door.

Correct, Alan stumbled in a blind panic, wrenching Regna's arm and whispering in her ear.

"He what?!"

"Yep, we better get a story straight Regna or he's going to come an unleash hell on you!"

"Why me?!"

"Because he thinks you can't fight, even though you could defeat him in 3 seconds!"

"Ugh, fine, pass me the phone."

Realising that Soot Beng, Sherly and Dan were listening, Alan quietly told them to cover their ears while Regna took his phone and went outside, making sure to get her ears ready.

"But its not on speaker is it?" Soot Beng asked, confused. She doubted that the CEO would be that loud on the phone to Regna. And she was wrong. Dreadfully.

"WHAT IS THIS REGNA???!!! WHY DID DENISE SCORE A PERFECT SCORE ON THE EXAM, EVEN THOUGH TEVERLY SAID THAT HE HAD 'SABOTAGED' HER. CLEARLY IT DIDN'T WORK! AND I TOLD YOU TO COME UP WITH A PLAN FOR THE COMPETITION, SO THAT WE WILL BE ABLE TO RAISE TAXES ON STUDENTS, AND EXPELL THE ONES WHO DID BAD ON THE TEST COMING TOMORROW! IT WILL BRING MORE MONEY TO THE ORGANISATION! HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN WHY YOU ARE WORKING FOR US?! IT'S ALL MY SON'S FAULT ANYWAY! JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE RICHER THAN US DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU CAN OPPOSE TO OUR PLANS. YOU'RE JUST A WOMEN, AND I HOPE THAT YOU'RE AWARE THAT I CAN UNLEASH HELL ON TITAN ACADEMY IN JUST A SECOND!"

Frowning slightly, Soot Beng rubbed her ringing ears. He really was yelling so loud even when speaker wasn't on. However, to her, it was quite strange that Regna wasn't replying and was just letting him shout at her. From what she had just heard, she was clearly being blackmailed. The next thing Regna said, she had to strain her ears to hear.

"Ok, sorry sir. Yes, I'm aware. W-w-we'll come up with a plan and I'll tell you it tonight. O-oh, ok then...ok...no...bye then." Those were the only whispers she could hear, it seemed that Regna had walked away from the door.

Suddenly, the door opened, and Regna gave Alan back her phone, who then looked at her concerned. She was hiding her face from the trio, and after a few exchanges of whispers and murmurs, she looked back at them, her eyes still glittering. Getting the message, Sherly, Soot Beng and Dan creeped out, overwhelmed with what had happened. The 5 adults had to get their game up. Since the tests for the competition would be starting tomorrow.