Kabanata 14: Nung Hinabol ng Lobo ang Gabi

There are still many questions boggling in my mind that make my thoughts deeper, Is that Sir Benjamin? What is his motive? Is he also involve in the occult rituals? Was it a blood sacrifice to their dark ruler? Ano ang kinalaman niya sa madugong sinapit kina Kadjo at Nena?

Biglang napatingin sa isang puno si Sir Benjamin na malapit sa aking tinataguan.

I covered my mouth and lowered my breathing.

Sino nandiyan?

Tinakpan ko lang ang aking bibig upang wala silang ingay na maririnig .

The figure that resembled into Sir Benjamin morphed into a creature that is something morbid. The flesh of his skin fell down to the ground and reveals a sinister creature lurking in the shadows .

The morbid creature unleashed a sharp screamed that caused a cacophony of echoes that made me cover my ears which disrupted my hearing.

Freaked out as i see that scene, I get up to the ground and run for my life while catching my breath as air vent out in my mouth.

That night was a chase. It is between a wolf chasing the night. Death over life. The predator snatches the prey.

As I run for my life, I look back and saw that the dead trees are sliced due to the sharp claws that caused them to clutter into pieces that flew in the wind rushing behind me.

As i get back to the tracks I just prayed that I wish that I could see someone that would save me in this chase.

Then in the distance, i could see a little house made from a stone blocks with a roof made of  hay its foundation are made from a birch tree wood.  there is a little light that illuminates the window coming from a gas lamp.

Tulong! Tulungan niyo ko!

As I go nearer, i was able to see more details of the house.
It has stone steppings outside  accompanied with a crow cawing in its cage hanging at a pole.

A voice heard my plea and a Woman go outside . She is wearing a patched full skirt, a brown tunic and is Barefoot.

She signal her hand to come inside her house. She knows that there is someone chasing me behind my back.

Kom en gean binnen, haast! The woman said. I don't know what she is saying but i believe that she will help me.

With all my strength, i sprinted until I reach the door way and the woman grabbed my hand, after that, she closed the door and as she looked to the window , the creature who was chasing flew into thin air, nowhere to be found. The woman gestured me to sit around a couch made of wool and just wait while she is making me a tea that I would drink.

She quickly go in front the door created a hand gesture while chanting an incantation and magical manuscripts emerged and the front  door was sealed . After that the room was brighten due to the four wooden lamps that enlighten the four corners of the house.

She get a Jar and took the blue flower inside of it and get the tea presser. She prepared a white porcelain cup with a design of a little girl holding the moon accompanied with the stars on it. She boiled the flower and the scent of the flower could be smelled inside the house, surrounding it with a floral and calm aroma.

The Woman handed me the cup and gave me a shawl due to the cold of the dark night outside the house.

You seemed so upset and weary, what happens to you in the woods?

The woman's face can be visibly seen with its faced that has a calm and serene face, she has a moon and a sun necklace on her neck which is tied by a black thread and she has a flowy curly brown hair.