[ 02 ]

CHAPTER TWO; I

CHAPTER TWO; I.     
[ season 1, episode 1 ]

Rory parks her bike by the front porch. Her dad had an early meeting, so she decided to come to the Château. She peaks through the front door to see if anyone is home, but the house is quiet. She turns to check the yard next.

As expected, John B is swinging in the backyard hammock. She slowly sneaks up to him, putting her bag down before rounding the corner and shouting.

"Jesus, Rory. you scared me," he flinched, but laughed whilst sitting up.

"I took the opportunity." she shrugs at him, grabbing her bag. He looks focused on the ground, unable to look up at her. It was clear something was on his mind."Penny for your thoughts?" She asks him.

He turns to look at her, "I'm just... thinking about my dad, that's all."

Rory bites her lip, she heard the news from Kiara last year. Kie told her that Big John went missing at sea, for months, and that he was officially labelled dead. Rory had gotten along with his dad, and she knew John B well enough, "you don't think he's dead." She states.

"Yes. I'm not giving up lookin' for him." He sighs, changing the topic before she can speak again, "So what's your dad up to?" He looks away from her.

"He's meeting with some corporate guy. He came by the house yesterday. I think he likes it." John B nods in response and the two are left in a comfortable silence, rocking in the hammock.

After a couple minutes, Rory speaks. "I'm gonna get myself a drink. Want anything?" she gets up, beginning to walk toward the house.

"No, thank you."

She saluts John B and turns toward the shack.

She steps inside and heads straight for the kitchen. Rory opens the fridge and looks through the bottles: beer, beer, beer, and spoiled milk.
She groans until she remembers she left her mini-fridge from last year. The girl checks the counters and cupboards before realizing exactly where it was.

She approaches his door and isn't bothered to knock, it's not like he's home anyway.

Rory opens the door, seeing that he is definitely home and with company.

A blonde girl, whom she'd never seen before, is sitting on JJ's bed while his bare chest towers over her. Rory scrunches up her face in disgust until the girl notices her, in which then she smiles politely.

JJ follows the blonde's gaze to the door frame, and raised his eyebrows upon seeing Rory.

"Hey, sorry to interrupt. Can you pass me a drink?" she keeps her gaze on the girl, who seems rather confused.