No Major Issues? Finally...

It had been a couple days since Takato had made it to the Hamato family. Jax was super helpful with helping Takato walk around and making sure he was comfortable. On this day, Jax was helping Takato walk a little bit, so he can regain his strength. "Thank you, Jax," Takato said with a soft smile. "Of course, Takato," Jax said, holding Takato up and steady as Takato leaned heavily on him for support. 

Leonardo was in the kitchen area, which contained an L-shaped counter, sliver fridge that was decorated with drawings and magnets, cabinets galore, an island table, an actual table with chairs, and it was decorated with various artworks, wall murals, and fruits, and noticed how quickly Takato's body was healing. "Your body heals quickly, Takato. It's a great thing to have," Leonardo said, putting some dishes away. "Thanks..." Takato said, unsure of how else to respond. "Pretty soon, you'll be up and running again!" Leonardo said, shutting a cabinet as he put the last of the dishes away. "Yeah..." Takato said, almost sounding disappointed. 

"You'll need it to get to your classes after you get your GED," Leonardo said, knowing that Takato wanted to learn graphic design. "What?" Takato asked in disbelief. "We know all about your dream to become a graphic designer," Leonardo said, drying his hand. "Oh..." Takato said, unsure of how to respond. "And Donnie's gonna help you find scholarships. He's great at finding the best of the best for whatever it is you're looking for," Leonardo said, putting the towel back. 

Takato was silent for a few moments, before saying, "I don't... really understand." "Understand what?" Leonardo asked, leaning against the counter. "Why you're all being so nice to me, after everything. I don't deserve your forgiveness... or kindness..." Takato said, his eyes darting to the ground. "Hey, one of the biggest things we follow in this family is that everyone deserves a second chance. Or at least a chance," Leonardo said, his tone comforting. "How come?" Takato asked, confused. "Some things in the past happened. We choose not to go into it," Leonardo said. "Oh..." Takato said.

Casey then came into the Hamato home with the kiddos. "Traffic was wild, so I gotta get going to hockey practice now. I'll see you guys later!" Casey said, popping in for a second, then leaving. "Bye!" Leonardo barely said as Casey ran out. "He plays hockey?" Takato asked, looking at Jax. "Teaches it," Jax said, adjusting himself so Takato could lean on him easier. "Oh, okay," Takato said.

"You kiddos hungry?" Leonardo asked. "Yeah! School lunch was barely anything good today," Levina complained. "When is it ever good?" Titian said, obviously hating school lunch. "Fair point," Levina said with a shrug. "You guys go get cleaned up, and start your homework, and I'll make you guys something to eat," Leonardo said, reverting the kiddos attention back. "Thanks, 父親 (Chichioya)!" Paolo said. "You're welcome," Leonardo said as the kiddos went to their rooms to put their stuff away and grab their homework. He then started making each of them a snack to eat while doing their homework to hold them over until dinner. 

After a while, the kiddos came back out, Titian and Paolo holding more than one folder, Marcanotnio and Levina holding only one folder. Leonardo had finished making their snacks, then set them down in front of each of them. 

"Oh! Jax, Takato, you guys hungry?" Leonardo asked as Jax helped Takato sit down on the couch before sitting down with him. "Both of us are a little hungry," Jax said after asking Takato if he was hungry. "Alright. I'll get something small for the both of you, if you're not that hungry," Leonardo said. "Thanks!" Jax said from the living room. "You're welcome!" Leonardo said, starting to make a little snack.

"Aw... man..." Paolo said, sounding a little frustrated. "Something wrong?" Leonardo said without turning around. "I don't really understand this. It's confusing," Paolo said. "What is it?" Leonardo asked. "Math. I'm usually good at it..." Paolo said, upset. "Let me finish up and I'll help you," Leonardo said, being pretty good at math himself. "Okay, thanks!" Paolo said, doing other homework while waiting.