Chapter 2: The New Demigod

Reyna and the rest of the Hunters had been walking for the whole day, tracking down monsters. Reyna was excited, not because of the monsters, but because they would be stopping at Camp Jupiter later.

As the sunset approached, they arrived at Berkeley Hills, the entrance to Camp Jupiter. As soon as they set foot in the camp, voices greeted them.

"Reyna? Is that you?" A brown-haired, gold-eyed girl ran up and hugged Reyna.

"Hazel! Yeah, it's me." She replied. Then, a tall, Asian boy came up behind Hazel and put his arm around her shoulder.

"Hey, Reyna! It's been so long!" Frank exclaimed. Reyna smiled as the couple dragged her away from the other Hunters to check out the new additions to Camp Jupiter. Soon, they made their way to Bombilo's Coffee Shop. Reyna was just about to enter when a boy shoved past her and knocked her to the ground.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't see you." The boy said, helping her up. Reyna glared at him.

"How could you not see m-me..." Reyna faltered as she fully took in the boy's appearance. Gods, he was attractive.

His eyes were forest green. He had curly dark blonde hair, and a few freckles across his nose.

"Reyna, meet our newest camper from the Fifth Cohort, Asher Emerson." Hazel introduced, noticing the slight blush on Reyna's face.

"Nice to finally meet you, Reyna!" Asher said, grinning. 

"Nice to meet you too." Reyna said, trying to fix her messy hair and not succeeding. Gods, I have to get out of here before I make a fool of myself! "Hey, um, I gotta go. The Hunter Of Artemis will be needing me. Bye!" Reyna ran off.

"Um, ok. Bye...." Asher said. Reyna waited until she was out of sight, then climbed up a snow-frosted tree to hide. She mentally cursed herself for acting like such an idiot. 

"Hey, you know, I've never seen Reyna act that way before." Frank's voice said. Reyna cursed again. Frank and Hazel were coming her way! 

"You know what that means, Frank?" Hazel asked.

"Wait a minute. You think Reyna likes Asher?" Frank asked.

"I know Reyna likes Asher."