11

1G

"Max is gonna be fine," (Y/N) says to Laura. They can't see her or her reaction.

"What's he doing to him? What did he do to you?" Laura questions.

"I-I'm not really sure. He interrogated me," (Y/N) sighs.

Laura bites her lip, thinking. She was worried about Max. "About what?"

(Y/N) shakes their head. "I don't know."

Laura is quiet for a moment. There are too many things going wrong right now and she can't stand the fact that she doesn't understand anything. "What happened last night?"

"I know less than you do," (Y/N) replies. "I heard you guys screaming. Then I got shot."

"He shot you!?" Laura frowns in disbelief.

"Yup..."

"Fuck, dude..." Laura rubs her eyes, trying to think.

"I'm okay, though," (Y/N) tells her. The cop seemed to have sewed them up.

"Who is that guy, anyway?"

"Sheriff Hackett," (Y/N) tells her after a moment.

"Wait. Hackett? Like Chris Hackett?" Laura grabs the bars, trying to look at (Y/N), but she can't see them. "Oh, God... Is this some kind of crazy camp counselor kidnapping ring?"

"No," (Y/N) replies. "I mean, I don't think so. The sheriff doesn't really seem like the kidnapping type. Even despite how creepy he is."

"Well he's not acting like a typical cop, either," Laura scoffs. Laura paces around her cell, trying to calm down. "He can't hold us here forever."

"Yeah... Someone has to come looking for us at some point, right? Who even knows if Chris is in on this," (Y/N) responds.

Laura looks at the wall. There's writing carved in it. She begins to read it aloud. "While the town of North Kill lay there sleeping, the hag in the woods started weeping. As the bodies decay, the wolves hunt their prey, and the sheriff continues his creeping."

"That... I'm not sure what to say about that," (Y/N) sighs.

"(Y/N)... We need a plan," Laura says after a moment. "I think we should-" Laura is cut off by the sound of the door opening.

The cop and Max come back in. The cop shoves Max into his cell. "Watch it man, I bruise easily," Max winces, frowning at the guy.

"Gimme a break," The cop breathes out, rolling his eyes. He locks the cell and walks away. He glances at (Y/N) before he walks out, leaving the three to be by themselves.

"Are you okay?" Laura asks Max after a moment.

"Yeah... Can't break ol' Max. Many have tried, many have failed," Max responds.

"I'm serious, Max," Laura replies. "Listen, we need to make a plan."

"With this person? Can we trust them?" Max asks.

"You can trust me. I'm (Y/N)," They say to him.

"I'm Max. But you probably knew that already."

(Y/N) tries to think of something. "Well... We really only have two options here."

"Which are?" Laura prods, curious.

Max knows what they are. "We can play nice and try to get this guy on our side," Max starts.

"What, so he'll let us go?" Laura scoffs.

"Or we could just attack him. And get out that way," (Y/N) finishes.