3

School was soon back in session after the incident. Professor Grandpus and his colleague Professor Eugenius have arrived. Everyone took their places.

"If you remember, a few days ago Eugenius' machines had a few screws loose. I'd hope you all managed to fix them."

"Actually we did." Digit said with a proud look on his face.

"Excellent, there was a total of 5. Sorry if it was a lot for you students, but you all need to learn this for later in life, it's important."

"Though, I guess we couldn't have done it without Verda." Digit then added.

"Verda? If I may ask, what's this about?"

"Well I mean, she totally fixed like 3 whole damaged machines by herself." Fire smirked. 

Verda looked down, I guess she'd look cuter being humble in this moment. Simka didn't say anything. 

"Alright class, well I'd say we take a field trip now. I'll teach you all how to deal with machines that use water. For example, if we small fixies needed to fix a faucet. How would we do that and make it out safely? I want you all to follow me."

The lab sink was presented in front of them.

"Now, do not be feared, we have ropes and ties so we can pull you out in case you get stuck. There are several items stuck in here. Eugenius' coworker is well.. clumsy." He smiled as they all got closer. 

"So, we simply just put on our scuba gear and pull these items out?" Digit pushed up his glasses.

"Correct. There's an earring and a charm in here, if any would volunteer."

"Sure, I've gotten something out of a drain once." Simka walked up closer.

"Why not then? Remember what you were taught."

Simka nodded and grabbed her scuba gear out of her pack-o-mat. Verda looked at her blankly as  Grandpus tied the rope gear onto her. It was a while but she did come out with the earring and necklace charm. Her classmates smiled as it was expected of her to make excellence with assignments and volunteering.

"That's exactly how you'd do it. Always remember not to stray too far from the rope you're provided with, and focus on the task at hand. If the item is too far down the drain, then just leave it be. It's better than getting yourself lost. Do we have that clear?" Grandpus finished his lecture as the students nodded. He hopped on his fixie board and flew over to the next appliance, the other students following. Though Simka had turned to Verda. 

"Verda.."

"What? If it's about what you demonstrated to the class just now, then I don't really care to be honest."

"What? No-"

"I don't care about you showing off, you didn't do anything a few days ago so it's not like you're making up for it." 

"That's not what I mean.."

Verda looked back, the class seemed to be moving without her. She hurried up to the coffee maker, leaving Simka behind. 

Simka sighed, couldn't she just listen to what she had to say first? 

"Now the coffee maker. Coffee makers often malfunction due to a variety of reasons. Like leakage from a machine, no coffee flow or slow heating. Which in many cases is an electrical issue. Though this still deals with water. The water is hot so please be careful. 

"In order to stop leakage, we would need to take the pipe out that has the hot water inside." Digit said proudly.

"Correct, or we could seal it up. But we fixies would have to go inside the machine in order to do so."

As Grandpus continued on, at the end of the lecture Simka wanted to make herself clear to Verda. She wasn't trying to show off in front of her or make her feel bad, she genuinely wanted to talk to her about yesterday.

"Verda, listen that's not what I meant. I wasn't trying to rub anything in or show off, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for acting like you weren't useful or capable. I didn't know that you fixed those machines."

"I bet you wouldn't have believed me if Fire didn't point it out."

"Well.."

"Simka I need to ask you something, why do you always not believe what I say? Like all those past times we've worked together, I would tell you physically that I've already fixed something and you would go back and directly check on it to see if I'm telling the truth!" 

"Well because you just seemed like you didn't care.. you always flirt and do your makeup and watch videos on your fixie pad, you just seemed like you didn't have time to help us!"

"Oh so that's what this is about now? My looks? If you're jealous then just say so."

"No Verda! You've got it all wrong! I'm sorry I acted that way, but I want to be your friend again."

"Sorry.. I just wanted to keep the arguing so that we could keep the conversation going."

"That's.. one thing I kind of don't believe you on.. but it's okay." Simka wraps her arms around Verda and smiles.

────────────────────────────────────

Simka sat down on her bed and thought to herself. 

I'm glad I got that situated with Verda, she's hard to deal with but I don't want to stop being her friend over something stupid..

A buzz came from her fixie phone. Alt texted. He's been her online friend for about a year now. They met through comments on the internet and decided to get to know each other more, talking almost everyday.

Best friend: "Hey, how was your day Simka?"

"It was alright, lots of ups and downs."

Best friend: "Mine was good, today I made an entire replica of a robot using a 3d printer. I won first place in my school for the most talented in my genetics course. I really didn't have to, but y'know I want a good scholarship Lol."

"That's awesome Alt! Does that mean you're the most talented in your school?"

Best friend: "That's what the principal says haha. I'm pretty sure he's just trying to flatter me. It's a little embarrassing but I'm proud of my work."

"That's cool, I mean I don't really go to a big school. Me and Nolik have of been in the same class with the same students since. My grandfather is the teacher, so I guess he's our principle in a way."

Best friend: "Your grandfather as your teacher then? You must get away with a lot."

"I wish lmao."

Best friend: "But listen, I've modified my fixie board so that it can do some awesome tricks! You wanna see?"

"Sure, who'll start the video call?"

Best friend: "It's not gonna be a video call silly, I'll show you in real life."

"But do you even know where my school is?"

Best friend: "Yeah, you've told me before. I live like an hour from there. How hard can it be? Besides, my school is on a break."

"I don't understand how schools like yours get breaks so often.."

Best friend: "Haha, I'll see you there tomorrow!"

"Are you serious? That soon? I can't wait! I'll show you around and you can meet my friends and I can see all your tricks!"

Best friend: "Of course, though I think I can't wait to see you more :)."

Simka smiled. Why did him saying that feel so nice? 

"Don't say that! Lol."

Alt then snapped her a picture of himself smiling. What a nice smile, she might have to screenshot that just like she's done with the rest he's sent her before. She sent him one back of her doing the peace sign. Then closed her eyes to rest before she got too excited again.