15

lacey sat at the table which was designated to the Mercedes drivers, which just lucky for her was across from the redbull one.
she felt a weird bubbly feeling in her stomach when max walked into the room, her eyes glued onto him.
she noticed on his kind of shrivled hair , bags under his eyes due to lack of sleep.
"lacey you've got a little something there" lewis said, wiping the corner of her lip, smiling to himself.
"just go speak to him."
"no chance, he doesn't know, let's keep it that way."
lewis shook his head and looked down at the table decoration, clearly displeased with her words.
toto approached his team with a huge grin displayed on his face, thanking them for all coming to this meal, even though it was random there is a announcement he needed to make.
he stood in the middle of the room and took in all the drivers sat on their circular tables.

"hello everyone" he started "I would like to say thank you for all coming on such short notice. and thank you to the team principles for attending too. so as you all know the fia charity event is coming up & you are all to attend."

Lacey started to tap her foot and chew on the inside of her cheeks, lewis nudged her with his foot.

"and for the 2023 season, me and christian have decided that redbull and Mercedes will somewhat squash the rivalry & work together in a way, for media and event purposes."

lewis watched as Lacey and maxes heads sprung up, the biggest look of distaste on their faces. he chuckled to himself before nudging george next to him, who just smiled at him.

max shot up out of his seat
"i can't work with them!" he said.
lewis itched the side of his head before saying "not like we want to work with you either mate."
which earned a chuckle from george and mick.
lacey remained in radio silence.

"maybe if your teammates didn't tell lies & keep secrets id be more willing to." max muttered, before returning into his seat.

"ok children, calm down."

a hour had passed and lacey was yet to say any words to anyone, rolling a potato around on her plate. lacey looked up at a shadow that was over her and smiled
"hello Charlie."
"lacey" he started "care for a walk?"
Lacey stood up "gladly, get me out of here."

m a x  v e r s t a p p e n

max watched as lacey and charles left the room, and he scoffed to himself, turning around to look at lewis who was giving him a look as if to say
"go follow her then."
danny caught onto this and grabbed max by the arm, pulling him up
"fancy a cig?" danny said, to which max agreed to, and followed him out the room, taking in the cold air as it hit him.
"max."
"Daniel."
"what the fuck is going on between you and lacey. one minute you're beating eachother up in the paddock and next you're plotting Charles' murder because he's asked her to do on a walk."
max just shrugged befire exhaling on his cigarette.
"i wish i knew danny."
"what do you mean max?"
"I don't want her, but I don't want anyone else to have her"
danny looked at him, before taking a moment to take a drag on his cigarette, leaning back onto the beams supporting the building.
"is it because she's the mother of your baby?"
"I beg your pardon?" max stated
"no harm intended ofcourse" danny mumbled "it's just that everyone knows max, we all see you in mila, the ice blue eyes, white blonde hair. that's you max"
max shrugged and looked down to the floor, tapping the butt of his cigarette before taking a drag. opening his mouth to make a comment before closing it.
"everyone but lacey." daniel said.
max nodded "maybe it's just a coincidence"
danny shrugged "no. mila is yours. do you not remember what lando said , mila is about the same age as it was since Bahrain, you two fucked in Bahrain, you didn't wear a condom."
max shook his head "how?"
"because max, we share room. I didn't see one in the bin, mila is yours, now go get Lacey before Charles gets her."
max patted his shoulder before taking off in the direction charles and lacey went in.

l a c e y l a w

she and charles sat on a bench talking about how crazy the previous season was , all the drama and especially how crazy it was DTS was being filmed.

a hour must have passed and Lacey looked over her shoulder because she felt like someone was watching them, but she shook her head and carried on the conversation with Charles.
"lacey."
"charles?"
he leant in for the kiss, lacey was stunned for a moment before easing into it, anything to forget max.
max.
why was she thinking of max.
charles pulled away, noticing lacey looking stunned.
"you're thinking of him aren't you."
"who?" she mumbled, playing with a loose thread on her blazer.
"max?" Charles said, standing up.
laceys head shot around, to notice max walking towards the pair, face full of furiosity.
lacey scoffed and stood up, glaring at max whilst Charles walked away, earning a look from max.
"are you serious lacey." max mumbled, staring her down, arms crossed over his chest.
"I have no clue what you're on about."
she noticed as maxes nostrils flared, the anger threading to spill out of his mouth.
"lacey you can't do that."
"for fucks sake max, we fucked once! why do you think you have some claim over me, over my life, over who i date?" lacey spat, tears brimming her eyes.
"because i do."
lacey shook her head
"no you don't."
"yes i fucking do when you are the mother of my fucking child lacey, I have every right to have my say."
she shook her head, tears falling.
"she may be yours max, but im not."
max took a step back
"is she mine?"
lacey choked back her tears, and nodded, bringing her hand to her necklace.
tears spilling from her eyes.

max noticed this and looked down at the blonde and wiped her tears
"hey hey hey don't cry."
she shook her head and laughed abit.
"i have to go max. thank you."

and with that lacey left and went home.

lacey law : thank toto for the night , I don't feel well.

lewis hamilton : breakfast tomorrow? Me + U

lacey law : 👍🏼