16

lacey arrived at her house and immediately sank into her bed, not even bothering to remove her clothes. her phone was blowing up with texts from max who was just eager to talk, but she brought her knees up to her chest and let the tears fall.

she must have been crying for 15 minutes until her doorbell ringing woke her up, she wiped her face and sulked her way to the door, to be met with a rather confused mick shumacher.

"oh great im at the right house!" he beamed, looking at lacey before frowning "can I come in?"
she nodded and shifted out of the way of the door so the young blonde could make his way in.
"are you okay mick?" she asked
he nodded "oh im great!" he fumbled in his rucksack and handed lacey her purse, before saying "lewis would have dropped it off, but he got a ride home with george, him and max got into a argument."
lacey shook her head, sighing.
mick smiled again before glancing down at his watch which read 01:44am
"I must get going!" he said yet again "lacey, where's your closest bus stop." he muttered
"why?" she giggled
he laughed to himself "well i walked all the way here, and lewis was supposed to drop me home but he's gone with george, and I live on the other side of the city."
Lacey grabbed her car keys and walked towards the door "you're so cute mick, follow me."

lacey drove mick home, conversation flowing about how his dad was doing, how his mum was coping and how proud his dad is of him for getting the seat he's so rightfully deserved. she dropped him home and waited for him to walk into the house, waving at him as he waved to her.
she smiled to herself and turned her music slightly up, before driving herself home.
she parked the car outside and before getting out she noticed a figure looming around outside her house.
the clock in her car read '3:46am' and she drove closer to her house, turning on her fog lights to try make sense of the figure.
the figure half turned around and started to make a bolt for it down the road, and she got out her car and started to follow the figure before stopping, and giving up.

she turned back around and headed inside, locking all the doors and closing all the curtains and blinds.
she changed into some fluffy socks and a oversized dark blue T-shirt, and slipped into bed, not taking any notice to which shirt it was.

she was woken by a loud squealing noise, she rolled over to see lewis standing in her hallway holding a tommy hilfiger dress bag, a shoe box which read "jimmy choo" and a matching purse bag.
she looked at lewis dumbfounded before saying
"what the fuck."
lewis walked into her room and hung the bags on the hooks hanging off her waldrobe door, he smiled at her and looked her up and down.
"the gala is tomorrow lace, so today we're going to your mums to see her and mila."
lacey nodded and felt her heart skip a beat at the mention of her daughter , she swung her legs off the bed before lewis stopped her
"lacey georgia law!" he gasped
lacey looked at him, before shrugging
"redbull? you're wearing a redbull T-shirt!"
she looked down at the shirt she was wearing and mentally cursed herself, the memories of Bahrain rushing to her head. she looked down at the floor before throwing a pillow at lewis.
"ok I'll get changed , leave then!" lacey taunted, urging lewis to leave the room.
she then walked over to her waldrobe and pulled out some blue jeans & a matching white button up shirt.

hours had passed and lacey spent the day surrounded by the people she loved. she watched as mila played with the little toy racing cars lewis had bought her, Mercedes ofcourse.
lacey felt the tears sting her eyes as they left, kissing mila on the forhead and promising she would be back soon.

her and lewis spoke all the way home , agreeing to meet in the morning to catch the flight to cannes.
as they spoke Toto rang them.

and said the words lacey was hoping never would be said to her.

"you guys have to travel with redbull tomorrow, our pilots ill."

"are you fucking kidding me!" lacey yelled after totos voice ended.

"oh how the fun starts." lewis mimicked.