Chapter 10

His body filled with rage. He had broken his promise. He drove like the breaks didn't exist. Thankfully, the highway was almost empty.

Speeding down the leftmost lane, was an envious Mason, after watching his brother pound into his best friend. He skillfully swerved into and out of lanes.

He decided to cancel the plans he had made with his friends. He couldn't go out like this, not when he was so tied up in his feelings.

"Hey Siri." He gritted out. "Text Adrian: I can't make it today."

"The text says, 'I can't make it today'. Would you like to send?"

"Yes." He follows with a statement said under his breath, annoyed by how long it's taking to send such a simple message,"Dumbass bitch."

Mason pressed harder on the gas pedal. Definitely going way over the speed limit. But he didn't seem to care. The only thing in his mind was images of Avery and Jordan, in Jordan's car. They wouldn't leave his head. So much so that he wasn't conscious of anything else. His head was practically spinning.

The shaking of the car. The foggy windows. The muffled sounds of Jordan and Avery's moans. Their silhouettes, visible from the windows and windshield, enjoying one another.

He couldn't take it. Although he had told Avery it's fine earlier, he couldn't help but be jealous. He felt his grip getting tighter on the steering wheel. He started to hyperventilate and in panic, he slammed his foot on the pedal. The speed and peril was fueling the fire that had been growing inside of him. Everything in him felt so alive.

Shortly after, everything had become a blurry haze, he no longer could see clear. And that's when he started to burn.

He swerved back into the left lane. In the background of the sound of his own thoughts, was a shattering sound, and the crumpling of metal. The shattering of the window of his car, and the crumpling of the metal from his front bumper. It was quite a muted sound to Mason though.

His car stopped due to the collision with the other vehicle. Both cars were dented. Shards of glass from the window pierced into Mason. Blood spilled down his face. He started to disassociate.

The siren of the police and ambulance became louder and louder, indicating that they were coming, and almost there. His mind blurred out the sirens. All he could hear were the moans of his brother and Avery. The pain became worse. He started to become more aware of the bruises from the steering wheel and seatbelt, bruising on his left side from the crash, the burning sensation that came from the air-bags, the glass stuck in his skin.

He sat there in the driver's seat. Frozen. Too numb to think anymore. He was rushed into the ambulance.

***

"Shit. Who was that?" Avery asked.

"That was Mason's car." Jordan answered, displaying a little bit of guilt. He did just steal his crush and fuck her, and he just witnessed it.

"Do you think he saw us?" She questioned as she covered her breasts with the dress in her hands, feeling exposed.

"My tint is pretty dark, so I'd say no, but I don't know. He might've heard us."