Chapter 8

She wakes up this morning alone in her bed. Avery doesn't think much of it because she usually wakes up late and Mason doesn't. She gets up from her bed and stares into her mirror hanging over her vanity.

She picks up her hair brush and begins to brush her hair, to look presentable. She starts to put on her makeup until someone knocks on her door. Startled, she nervously says, "Come in!"

It's Mason. He has brought her breakfast. Handing her the plate, he admits, "I tried. An apology breakfast for being the dick I am."

"You did well! Don't worry! And you're not a dick. It's just some things you do are... you know... questionable."

"Stop lying." He rolls his eyes.

She chuckles and he smiles. He exits the room as Avery starts eating the pancakes he made. It had a bit too much baking soda, but Avery didn't care because she knew he tried his best to show how sorry he was.

She finishes eating and touches up her lip gloss. Taking her plate, she goes downstairs into the kitchen and places the dirty dish into the sink. She walks over to Mason on the couch, on his phone. "Whatcha doinnn'?"

"Scrolling through my feed."

"Alright."

"What do you wanna do today?"

"I actually can't hang out for long today. You're brother's picking me up at 3. It's Valentine's Day, remember?"

"Oh. Yeah that..."

"Are you uncomfortable with me going out with Jordan? You said you were fine with it last night, but it seems like you've changed your mind."

"No it's fine."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

She checks the time, it's already after 1 pm. "Shit! It's 1, I need to start getting ready."

"That's what happens when you sleep in so late." He jokes.

"Wanna help me with picking my outfit? You should know what Jordan likes."

"I guess." He shrugs and follows Avery back up into her room. Avery points Mason to her drawer. He opens the first one, but accidentally finds her underwear drawer. "Sorry!" He immediately closes it and Avery shows him where she keeps her dresses. She takes out a few cute dresses and has Mason pick.

"I like this one." She says indicating this one white ruffled dress with red cherries on it. "What do you think Jordan will think?"

"I think it looks fine. Not sure what Jordan would think but I don't think he'd care much."

"Okay, can you leave so I can change?"

"Yeah, let me know when you're done."

"Kay." She opens the first drawer again and searches for some matching sets of panties and bras, in hopes of getting into Jordan's bed tonight, despite it only being their first date.

She gets dressed in her red lace push up and matching red panties. She slips on her dress and puts on her Air Forces. She makes her way downstairs to show Mason.

"Looks nice!"

"Thank youuu!" She twirls, proud of her outfit choice. They hang out together for a bit, and then Avery checks the time. "It's 2:56. He should be here any minute"

"You really have high expectations for him. He's more likely to be late than be early."

"Shut up. Stop bursting my bubble." She says jokingly. They laugh it off. It's now 3:01. "Where is he?"

DING DONG!

It's Jordan. He's here and only late by a minute. Avery opens the door for him and he towers over her. She looks at his outfit. A black dress shirt with a few unbuttoned buttons at the top, and a gold chain. He was wearing black jeans.

"Hey." Jordan says.

"Hii." Avery replies. He hands her a small brown teddy bear and a box of chocolates.

"You already got flowers yesterday so I figured I should give you something else."

"Aww." She says as she places them on the table.

"Are you just gonna forget I'm here?" Mason says.

"Sorry, hi." Jordan replies. "I'm gonna take her now."

"Alright, I'll drive home." He searches his pockets for his keys and pulls them out, twirling the keychain, attaching his car and house keys, on his index finger. He looks down as he smirks and catches the keys in his palm. "Have fun." He says as he walks over to the door, raising his hand in goodbye, and leaves the house.

As soon as the door slammed shut, Avery asks, "Are we in a rush?"

"No."

"Alright. Just wait for me for a minute I forgot something."

"I'll stay here." Jordan replies as he sits himself onto the swiveling stool by the kitchen island.

Avery runs up the stairs and goes into the bathroom. She opens the medicine cabinet and takes out her razor to touch up on her shave. She remembers to wear matching underwear but doesn't remember to shave?

Jordan's footsteps get louder as he walks up the stairs. "Avery?" He shouts. "What's taking so long?"

"Just a minute!" Jordan hears her but chooses not to reply. A little while later, Avery exits the bathroom.

"You got explosive diarrhea in there?" Jordan jokes.

"No." She chuckled. "Let's go, I'm ready now."

"About time." They walk down the stairs together and Avery grabs her phone from the island. She checked the time seeing it's 3:14.

"You sure we won't be late?" She says as she shows him the time.

"Positive."

Avery locks the front door as Jordan walks over to his car to unlock it. He leaves the door to the passenger seat open for Avery. He walks over to the drivers side and opens the door and takes a seat. He starts the engine as Avery gets into the car, closing her door.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll find out later. You'll like it."

"Okay, I'm trusting you."

He gives Avery his unlocked phone and asks her to play whatever music she likes, still concentrating on pulling out of her driveway.

They've been driving for a few minutes now and have already made it to the highway. Jordan shifts his hand from the middle console over to Avery's lap. He keeps it there and only takes his hand off to switch the gears.

They arrive in a parking lot of what seems to be a carnival. Avery looks at all the rides, mesmerized. She wants to go on all of them. But she also wants a different type of ride tonight...

***
Authors note:
I'm back! After a LONG break, I finally have motivation again. So take advantage of this before I lose motivation and quit again. Also have you noticed how good I've been doing with keeping my chapters a good length?