two.

sarai santos - jan.18

The next morning I woke up to bass booming under me. I rolled over, feeling for Ayden, but I guess he had already gotten up. I looked at the clock on my night stand. 9:45 in the damn morning.

I pulled the covers back and my feet hit the cold wood floors. I quickly walked to my dresser and pulled out a pair of footies, then slipped them on. I searched for some shorts to wear and finally trekked downstairs.

As I got closer, I was familiar with the two voices. The music playing was hella loud as were the people singing along with it. I got to the kitchen and there was Ayden and Ny singing New Flame together. It was a real Kodak moment

I stood and watched the two dance for a minute before intervening.

"Ayden."

He turned on his heels, "Yo? Good mornin', baby."

Nyla peeked behind his legs before smiling and coming up to me. She put her hands up, so I picked her up as she laid her head on my shoulder while Ayden looked hurt.

"Dang Ny, you a traita', jus' gon' leave ya pops like 'dat?" He put his hand over his heart.

"I ain't a traita'!"

"She the enemy, though!"

"Alright you two. Have y'all eaten?"

They both shook their heads, I put her down and told them to go watch TV. I got started on the grits.

"Yeah, gon' Ny. Watch SpongeMan SquareBob."

I side-eyed him, he acted like a old ass man.

"What'chu bouta cook?"

"Eggs, bacon and grits. Then I have to go to class at 11."

"Let The King do dis' while you get ready."

"It's okay, I have a little time." I said glancing at the time. "You can get the bacon out for me, though."

He did as told then pecked my lips as he walked out. I left the grits on the stove as I started on the bacon. I knew I'd probably end up using most of it since them two lived for bacon.

I turned the eye on and laid five slices on the pan. While it sizzled, I stirred the grits and put a little butter in it.

I waited a few more minutes before getting a few plates and paper towels. I dropped two strips on Ny's plate and three on Ayden's. I set them aside and finally started on the eggs. They took seconds to make, so I called them to the table.

I placed a plate on the table mats then started putting everything pans, utensils and bowls in the sink. I placed forks on the table along with two cups and orange juice.

"Daaayum, it smell great up in hea'. Thanks babe."

"Your welcome." I glanced at the clock, "I need to get dressed." I mumbled, rushing to the steps.

"You not eatin' wit' us, Rai?" Kay asked.

"I'm sorry baby, not today. I have to go to class."

"You comin' back for lunch?" Ayden asked.

I sighed, "No promises." I jogged up the steps and into my room, immediatly stripping out my clothes. I went to my closet and pulled a quick outfit out.

I pulled on a white long sleeve, some black leggings, and my tan UGG's. I put my black North Face on. I picked up my iPhone 6, headphones and my purse. I looked at the time, 10:20. I walked back downstairs as I checked my e-mail.