six.

sarai santos - mar.13

8 weeks later.

This morning I woke up with a pounding headache, probably because I haven't been drinking water a lot. After my shower and a small breakfast, I was back in the bed.

Nyla was laying with me watching her cartoons. She's been with me and Ayden since last week. She told me all about her last day at school. She says she didn't want to leave because she'll miss it.

"You can still learn over the summer."

"How? I don't have no books."

"We can go to the library."

"Oh!" She said excitedly. "I forgot about that."

"I'll make sure we go. Are you gonna visit me over the summer?"

"Yeah, if my mama let me."

"We're gonna go to Central Park, see movies, all that fun stuff."

"Good, my mama don't neva' take me nowhere fun. She go to September house all the tiiime."

"September?"

"Yeah, he got some wild hair and he bright like me. He never wear a shirt and talk country."

I raised an eyebrow. "Really? Is he nice to you?"

"Yeah, he give me five dolla's ev'rytime I see him."

I figured she's talking about August. He is a hoe ass nigga and he needs to be careful before he catches something. I also wondered why he never told me, he normally always tell me about his little girlfriends.

"Can I get some ice cream?"

I nodded, "Yeah, come on."

As of right now, I'm happy where I am. I graduated from Brooklyn College with my Master in Pyschology. I was fortunate to go from my Bachelors straight to Masters, thanks to my father. Ayden and I in a good place, he finally got to open his tattoo shop so that's where he is most days.

I picked her up as we walked downstairs. She picked the birthday cake one out then I put two scoops in the bowl.

"Where is your father?"

She shrugged. "Don't know."

This nigga been gone since this morning. I picked up my phone, unlocking it. I called him, but it went straight to voicemail.

where are you? - 2:44 PM

I remembered I also needed to call Diamond. I held it to my ear as it rang four times before she answered.

"Sarai, how you doin' dis' fine.. afta'noon?"

"August? What the hell, where is Diamond?"

"She sleep."

"Y'all annoying, tell her to call me."

"She might be sleep fa' a while, Aug laid dat' pipe." He laughed.

"I do not want to hear about your... okay. Bye." I said, hanging up.

I guess they're together now, which I think was dumb. He and I both graduated, but August still acts like a child. She had a good thing with Michael, but that's her.

Nyla looked at me and I looked back.

"Wanna go shopping?"

She nodded her head quickly making me laugh.

"Well lets get dressed." I said getting up. "Leave your bowl, we'll get it later."

We walked upstairs and into her room. She picked out her Concord 11 lows , black shirt and black jeans.