0.4 | jisung's heart goes doki doki

જ⁀➴

જ⁀➴

"one day. this was the one day you finally got a break from avengers so you could come to be normal with me, but what do you do?"

hyunjin was furious. his long hair practically stood on its edge, and his pretty face reddened with anger.

"you go be spider-man with some new losers! avengers, i understand, but these bunch of nobodies? how come they're more important than me."

jisung held an ice pack to his face, calmly listening to his best friend freak out. it had been approximately seven years since they put their petty arguments together to form a brotherly bond, so he was more than used to hearing one of hyunjin's many complaints.

"i'm sorry i got caught up with some nut cases who suck at their job. trust me, if they were actually good at it, i would be chilling with you instead of saving their asses and everyone else's."

hyunjin stayed silent, refusing to believe him.

"as fake as this sounds, i'd much rather open boxes with you than take out another c-list villain."

hyunjin eyed his friend for a moment. the mole below his eye also gave jisung a dirty glare.

"all right, you're forgiven. only because i haven't seen you in so long. what can i say, i'm a romantic."

"how?"

"no further questions, please." he held up his hand. "even though i hate them already, who are these nut jobs you mentioned."

"when i tell you, these were some serious amateur heroes. they were kids! okay, not kids; they seemed our age. but they had no real-life combat skills or teamwork. it's like, who raised you?"

"another team? what is this, young adult team? legally an adult, but i don't feel like it team?"

"i have no idea, but why did fury think it was a good idea to send these clowns out." he sighed, shoving the ice pack back into his bag.

"are they as bad as you?"

"come on, i was as avenger hyunjin, is that really a fair question?"

"i meant from when you first started out. it's not like you were an expert, either. if anything, you were probably worse."

jisung almost forgot how his best friend was ruthlessly humbled without batting an eye. he was right, though. he lost count of the times he accidentally destroyed a car or let the criminal go.

"whatever, i just hope i don't run into them ever again." he shook his head. "so, meet you after lectures?"

"you better. if i'm going to have a superhuman best friend, i need to use him to move all the boxes."

"and what do i get in return?"

"me performing tell me for you."

"just what i wanted." he nodded. hyunjin shouldered his tote bag, waving goodbye.