Chapter 1

I kept still in my bed as the alarm on my phone ranged, I dreaded this very day and didn't want to wake up at all. Typical people my age would be used to getting up to go to school, but this is different for me. I've been homeschooled all my life,and now is my first day as a senior at high school. This has to be the worst of it, considering I never socialize with anyone other than family or people online.

You see, my mom was a movie star years ago, everywhere we went we were swarmed with paparazzi. Fans would randomly approch us when we would sit out for dinner, and even after all these years some would have recognized her from television appearances, she had a way with her smile and charisma that just made everyone adore her. Mom was super supportive and understanding when it came to me wanting to not be in the spotlight. Afterall, I didn't do anything aside from my own art, which she would always be posting to her social media accounts, wooing over how talented I was and how she was so lucky to have a talented child.

As I make way downstairs, being pushed by both my older brother and sister to get to the table first, I could already hear mom loudly singing in the kitchen. As I take a seat at the table, and began to fill my plate with food, dad came downstairs. He placed a hand on my shoulder as he took a seat next to me. "Good Morning kiddo, ready for your first day?" he said, smiling.

"No."

"Awe c'mon, it's high school! All the best memories are made there!" he laughed at his comment. "You won't be in the house all day, find some more hobbies, and..and uh..." he trailed off lost in thought as mom placed a cup of coffe next to him.

"You'll make a lot of friends!" she says cheerfully, taking a seat next to him. "Awe, my baby is all grown up! Look at you, already in high school! It's like I'm sending you to daycare all over again!" She laughs, looking into my eyes. "Now eat up, we gotta get going so I can drop you off!"

"Actually, mom? I rather just take the bus or something, I don't wanna draw too much attention to myself." I replied nervously. I mean, I love my parents dearly, but I don't feel comfortable with all those attention seeking fans if they see my mom dropping me off.

"Awe, are you sure? I wanted to see you walk through those big doors. We have been schooling you at home for years, this is a big step for us all! Well, at LEAST let your big brother walk with you." She insisted. As usual she refused to accept no for an answer.

"No." my brother interjected as mom hummed in response turning to my sister. "Then, how about—"

"Can't." my sister intrupts, "My friends are all in the same car, won't be enough room." She adds, glancing at me for approval."And anyway, they aren't a baby anymore mom. Let them walk to school or catch the bus, if you baby them like this they won't ever learn." she adds as she stands up from the table, thanking mom for breakfast as she's out the door. My brother joining her a few seconds after as dad stands up as well. "I better get going, you two have an amazing day." He kisses mom and starts to leave, leaving mom and I alone in the kitchen.
Mom sighs deeply, placing a hand on her chest as she looked toward me. "Look at you, you just gotten so big. You're not a baby anymore!" she cups my face in her hands, planting kisses on my face. "But you'll always be MY baby! My beautiful baby going to high school!" She exclaims as she pulls back with tears in her eyes. "I just wanna protect you, you know that right honey?" she says softly to me, her thumb brushing against my skin. "So please do be careful out there. If anything happens, you call me immediately. If anyone tries to hurt you, I swear I'm gonna—"

"I know mom." I smile at her as I give her a tight hug, "I'll be okay, I promise." I kiss her cheek and leave the able to get dressed, it was my first day so average clothes seemed like a good idea, despite my mom buying me so much name brand stuff.
As I made my way outside, I felt the familiar feeling of dread beginning to rise within me once more, as I made my way around the neighborhood towards school. If I dress and act normal, then people will treat me normal.