《137》

Listening to Shao Ci's vows, the corner of the devil's mouth evoked a slight arc, but it quickly disappeared. If Shao Ci had been nervously staring at his face, he might have missed this subtle expression change.

Was that a smile...? Shao Ci's heart was profoundly shaken.

The last time he escaped a dire fate, Shao Ci assumed the other party's consideration then was just casual banter, never expecting the Devil to reappear in front of him. Otherwise, he would have devised countermeasures in advance, avoiding the current situation where he could only react.

"To become my partner is not that easy, especially considering you're just a mere human," the devil remarked lightly, his tone naturally exuding arrogance. "You must pass at least three tests before I even contemplate it."

Shao Ci wanted to retort that they could simply pretend it never happened. But saying that would likely result in immediate death!

He could only continue to follow the devil's script. Why did these people insist on testing so much? Even though they pretended to be admirers of the devil in order to survive, now there was nothing they could do!

Having witnessed the Demon King's strength and ruthlessness, the brave souls had no intention of resisting.

"I'm honored that you're giving me such a chance," Shao Ci feigned a flattering look, gazing at the Devil with eyes that screamed adoration. "I'm so thrilled! Although I'm just an ordinary human, I will undoubtedly work hard."

Despite salty fish becoming increasingly common in the recent worlds, Shao Ci's acting skills were passable. Moreover, the systematic plug-in made his performance more convincing, and even the devil didn't notice any unnatural behavior.

"Well, you understand," the Devil said, reaching out to lift Shao's chin. "You are the first person to propose to me in a thousand years. If it's too feeble, it would be too shameful."

Shao Ci: "... Is this monster single for thousands of years?"

Despite the perfect appearance and sky-high strength, the character was difficult to endure.

For a brief moment, Shao Ci felt a twinge of compassion for the devil.

But in the next moment, he realized that the first person to propose to such a devil was truly pitiful! He wasn't qualified to sympathize with the Demon King!

"The first test is barely done now," Mo Wang Yufeng turned around. "Although you're not my formal fiance yet, you're no longer a casual person. If you mess with someone else, I won't let you off."

His two-colored pupils had a cold, murderous intent.

Shao Ci felt that if the devil knew what he was getting into, he would surely kill him on the spot. The crucial point was that he didn't want to get into this situation in the first place. This was the price he paid for escaping from the devil's clutches on the day he was born!

He began to thank himself for not being overly affectionate with Yuvens. Otherwise, he might have been killed sooner.

Even if God couldn't know what he was doing at all times, the demon boss, being the ultimate villain, certainly wasn't omniscient. Just paying attention should be enough to stay safe.

In short, now that this matter was resolved, Shao Ci immediately violated his conscience and said without hesitation, "How could I do such a thing!"

He also reached out and held the devil's hand, saying sincerely, "I am absolutely sincere to you, and I don't have eyes for anyone else."

Initially, Shao Ci tried to avoid saying too many embarrassing words, but the other party's keen ears quickly turned crimson.