Fallen

"You said turtles are not birds. I wanted to see which one I was. I wanted to see if I could fly" she said. I held my hand out to reach hers. She pulled away looked at me with tears in her eyes
"Hey. Don't miss me for to long," she said. Then, she dived. I lunged for her falling body, missing her ankle by a foot. I looked down into the lake. Her body hit the water with a large splash.
I could feel the tears rolling down my cheeks. Each tear dripped down into the body of water which had stolen my friend. I couldn't believe it. It was all my fault. I couldn't stop her in time.

I pulled out my phone in a panic and quickly dialed 911. I could feel my breath shaking with my words "911 what's your emergency?" The operator asked. It took me a minute to catch my breath.
"My friend jumped," was all I could manage to say
"jumped? I'm sorry could you please explain," the operator asked me.
"Just please send help," I said in a panic. Something must have clicked,
"where are you?" I gave them my location. "Help is on the way. Stay calm," I could still feel my body shaking. I waited a few minutes until I heard sirens racing down the street. An officer walked up to me and asked me what had happened. I was still in shock. I began to mumble.
"I don't know what happened. She jumped,"
"who?" They asked. I gave a description of her. Right before she had... I heeled over at the thought of her being gone. What was I gonna do without her?
An ambulance came a few seconds later. The officer pointed down into the river. I looked over the edge. I could feel the tears begin rolling down my cheeks again. Her body was floating on the top of the water. There was a small pool of blood floating around her lifeless body. The officer began looking around for a way to reach her floating body. I could feel a soft hand on my shoulder. A soft voice began to talk to me.
"It's going to be ok. It wasn't your fault. It wasn't your fault,"