Beckoning

I sat down at my lunch table in the corner. I was the weird kid who had no friends and was also gay as fuck. No one would want to be friends with me. Then a girl who was about 5'2" with brown hair with dyed ends sat down beside me and slammed her tray down next to me. I noticeably jumped
"Hello," I said timidly. I was trying to calm my racing heart.
"Hi! What is your name?" She asked butting into my personal space
"Onyx," I stammered remembering not to say my dead name.
"Onyx? ONYX that's cool AND beautiful! Just like you!" She played with my hair. I felt a sense of calm. It was something I rarely felt often.
"And who are you?" I asked. She dramatically slumped into her tray.
"Carrie," She began, "I'm named Carrie because my parents hate me. It's nothing as majestic as Onyx,"
"Carrie's not that bad, it's not Claire,"
"BUT IF THEY'D ONLY NAMED ME CLAIRE! THEN MY LIFE WOULDN'T BE HALF AS CRUEL!" She dramatically sighed.
    "Well, then would you like me to call you Claire?" I asked her.
    "Nah, I'm good," She said in the most honest, monotone voice I heard in my life. I laughed.
"UHH, okay?" I calmed down. "So does that mean we're friends now?" I asked
"YEAH DIPSHIT WHAT DID YOU EXPECT?!"
    The world around us turned pitch black, the happiness of that moment. Gone. I hoped to stay in that moment forever, never fading into the blackness that was my memories.

    Pitch black, it was pitch black there was nothing there, nothing. Like my IQ. Or my straitness while looking at Alyssa.
"Hello!" I shouted into the distance. A streetlight flickered on.
"Onyx..." There was water everywhere, about an inch deep. Rain dripped down my forehead. Green hair dye mixed with it. I was sixteen again.
"It got weeeeeeet," I could hear Carrie sobbing.
"Carrie!" I shouted, "Where are you?"
"HERE NEGATIVE NUTS!" Carrie jumped over my shoulder, drenching my hoodie. "The fuck do you mean 'where are you'?"
"Shut up," my voice cracked. "You got the goods?" I asked in my best 'I'm about to do drugs' voice.
"Yup. Let's smash!" I laughed hysterically as she pulled our two swatches.
"Onyx," A creepy voice whispered from the wind
A hand beckoned to me with outstretched fingers.
    Carrie showed up about ten feet in front of me
"Carrie..." I whispered
    "Come on Onyx, I'm waiting," she streached her hands further
"But, Al-" I began
"What about me, I'm more important," Something
"Carrie, I-I like her, I can't just,"
"YES YOU CAN ONYX! I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU! DON'T CHASE DREAMS"
"No I Ca-"
"COME WITH ME ONYX! WE'LL BE FRIENDS FOREVER IN DEATH!" My breath shook.
"No! I can't leave her. But maybe I can be with you,"I took a step towards her and reached my hand out. She suddenly changed into the Carrie I'd seen on that day.
"CARRIE! CARRIE NO!" I shouted.
"Well are you going to stop me?" She asked. I bolted towards her. She dipped back into the water.
"NO!" I dropped to my knee's and began to cry. I could feel a hand on my shoulder.
"Maybe you could join me?" I turned around to see Carrie, her face and body dripping with blood. I slowly stood up and began to slowly advance towards the bridge.
"No," I gasped "NO!"

I shot up gasping for air. There were tears rolling down my cheeks. I heard a soft breathing beside me. I tilted my head to see Alyssa snuggled next to me. I could feel my cheeks flush red. She slowly lifted her head.
"Are you ok?" She asked sleepily
"Why are you in my room?"
"I heard loud noises coming from your room. I expected that you had another nightmare and when I laid down next to you, you calmed down," she slowly got up. "I made you some tea," She handed me a warm mug filled with raspberry tea.
"Thank you," I whispered. I looked her up and down, "do you want to go back to bed?" She shook her head.
"Nah. Now that your ok I'm going back to my art," I reached for her arm and began to cuddle it.
"No. You looked so peaceful sleeping. I didn't want to bother you. I'm sorry,"
"It's fine. I just wanted to make sure you were ok," I pulled her onto my shoulder and laid down. I ran my fingers through her hair. Within a few minutes she was lightly snoring.
She began cuddling me. I pulled her closer to my chest. She snuggled closer to me. For the first time in a long time, I finally felt safe. I finally felt home. Was this truely love?