6

Odessa was once again sitting at her counter, she was doing a little organizing as a customer walked into her store. She had been hoping that Klaus would stop by again to see her, but he hadn't shown up in almost a month, so she was just trying to focus on work, as normal as possible.

She stood up and made her way to the edge of the counter to fix the necklaces, her back facing the door. Likewise, she heard the front door ding she turned around to see the customer left, she thought nothing of it and turned back to what she was doing.

A few short seconds later, she heard the door ding again, but she didn't bother to turn around as she figured it was just another customer. That was until the person who walked in spoke.

"Hello, love."

She recognized that voice anywhere, she turned around to face him. He was staring there with a smirk on his face, waiting for Odessa to make a move.

No matter how much Odessa wanted to hug him and kiss him, she hesitated. She stood in front of him, crossing her arms.

"You know when you said you were going to see me later I didn't know you meant a month from now" she said, a hint of anger in her voice. She was clearly upset that he didn't contact her for a month.

Klaus's lips curved into a slight smile, he knew that she was upset with him, and he didn't mind at all. He liked to tease her, he liked it whenever Odessa showed a little bit of sass and anger. The way she crossed her arms in front of him was the perfect scenario for him.

Klaus smirked as he raised one of his hands, touching her chin as he spoke.

"A man has to make the woman wonder where he is... I was seeing how long it would take for you to begin missing me."

His response caught her by surprise, she thought he would have some excuse, or even apologize. And since he didn't seem to care, she was going to play the same game. "Well I didn't miss you" she lied, "just was wondering where you were" she shrugged.

Klaus just raised his eyebrow, he could see right through her lie. He knew that she missed him, she was just playing like she didn't. He was enjoying this, he liked that he secretly had her wrapped around his finger.

But, he still wanted to see how far he could push her before she broke.

Klaus smirked as he leaned in close, getting in your face. "You know, I don't believe you."

She didn't respond, instead she walked away. "So, how is business with Marcel?" She said changing the topic.

Klaus didn't even try to hide the fact that it was bothering him that she wanted to talk about Marcel. He hated talking about the man with her, it was a sore topic. He felt like she was pushing him away any time she brought him up.

Klaus's mood changed as soon as she brought Marcel up. She could see the annoyance on his face, his body language changed.

"Business is business," Klaus mumbled, not wanting to give her a straight answer to that question.

She looked over her shoulder, "But is it good business?" She asked.

Klaus was reluctant to answer any of her questions about his partnership with Marcel, he didn't want to speak about it because all he wanted to do was forget about it. Instead, he spoke very generic about the business side of things.

"Business is good, it's always good when you are partnered with the right people."

"How is Marcel?" She asked, tilting her head. Her tone, sounding almost like she was interested in him.

Klaus was starting to get frustrated with all these questions about Marcel. He really didn't want to talk about him at all. His mood completely shifted into frustration and annoyance as he saw her tone of interest in Marcel.