Chapter 2

You've been hiding it from the start...

[Kenma's POV]

She was already aware but why she didn't end it up. But from the start, she was just a victim.

Me: "Yamamoto-san are you okay" - I little panic inside me when I saw her fainted in front of me.

I thought I couldn't carry her with this body of mine but I was more surprised that she was lighter as a feather.

I immediately brought her to the clinic and the doctor on duty was surprised but seems like he already knew what he would do.

While preparing what he needed I was started to get interrogated.

"Where did you find her?"

Me: "3rd floor- hallway"

"Were there any other people when she fainted?"

Me: "No, just only me and her."

"I see"

I just stood in one corner of the room, watching him put oxygen on her and some kind of heartbeat monitoring device on her fingers. And I was more surprised to see how her heart was barely beating.

Was she sick? Since when?

"Kozume-san, may I have a word with you?"

After a short explanation, he asked me a favor don't tell everyone what I have witnessed.

Me: "Since when did she have a weak heart?"

"From the start. She was about to have a heart transplant in first grade but her parent got into a plane crash when was supposed to be heading ahead to America to work on the paper for her operation"

"So please, don't tell anyone about it. She doesn't want to have anybody to knew about it"

Me: "This? Is it happening often?"

"Yes, but this past few months, it got worse"

When I first saw her with Kuro, all I thought was she was the same as the girls that hit on him. But I learned that it was just a bet that Kuroo agreed on.

I felt pitiful of her since she was just being played until I found her lying to him. She wasn't even taking a part-time job. It's just she was just hanging around in the clinic comfortable talking to the doctor who was on duty and also their substitute adviser.

I know some rumors are running around about her and him that's why she was now the target of the bullies. Trying to eliminate her. But after knowing the truth just now, I finally understand why.

I don't have any words to say. I don't know what exactly she's feeling right now but I know one thing for sure.

It wasn't easy for her from the very start.

I heard the bell indicating that we had 15 minutes left from lunch break.

"You should go back to your class. Don't worry I'll handle this."

Me: "Thank you, sensei."

After what happened I was walking down the hallway with deep thoughts. Was it right not to tell Kuro about this?

"Kenma!"

Tetsuro: "Hey, Kenma, where did you come from?" - I look at this guy, who doesn't know what happening.

Not even know what trouble he has entered.

To be continued.