Prologue

Prologue

Dance....

I would never forget of my first love.

Dance to express. Dance to get freed. Dance for fun. Dance for life.

It was morning. I still remembered that moment when I first stepped into a place where it changed my whole life.

I never imagined it would came. But guess destiny brought me there, to that place. And in a sudden, it became the start of change.

Change for the better....and worst.

"Tasha, magdala ka ng jacket para hindi ka lamigin. Alam mo namang sa gabi tayo lalabas mamaya."

I stopped remembering infront of my mirror when my cousin came and informed me about it. I gave her a smile with a nod.

When she left, I became aware of myself. I stood up and get my things ready for our schedule later.

I was still deciding on what to wear when the window that was half opened was caught by my attention.

I knew what to do when I stopped picking for the meantime and walked towards it without hesitation.

The half open part of it went wider when I extends it more. It welcomed me serenity.

Nakikita ko mula rito sa aking kinatatayuan ang sikat ng araw na nagmumula sa papalubog na araw.

I feel nostalgia everytime I encounter this moment.

Sun setting down, children playing outside, a dazzling afternoon with noises I won't get tired of listening from people around it, and some quick time to relax a bit until the city would fill with lights again.

Ahh from sunset to city lights in this favorite place of mine, it's the best moment ever. I would never get tired of wanting to experience this again and again.

But, later would be my first time watching them again without my presence. I wondered how they're doing well.

A dance group.

I was once became part of them. I am once dancing on stage together with them. Ahh moments from before were still enchanting.

Few hours left until I get to see them again. It's nice to be back. But it's nicer to see them again.

I need to get ready and prepare for this night. Because sooner, I'll suddenly meet them all.

my first love....

When I arrived at the venue, there were a lot of people waiting to watch the show.

I garnered their attention when I passed by the venue and they quickly recognized me.

"Tasha, are you here to watch your cousin's performance or might be the other one?"

I remained my smile even though they startled me by that starting question.

They did some interview which I gladly answer. Wala namang masyadong intriga roon kaya sinagot ko na para matapos na.

I am knowledgeable enough to answer their questions with the right words.

"You never changed, Tasha. Ever."

Nawala ang atensyon sa akin nang may sumingit. Nang tingnan ko, nakita ko si kuya Ram kasama siya at ang iba pang mananayaw.

Hala, kanina pa ba sila riyan? Ang ganda kasi ng pagkakatayo e, parang komportable na.

Kanina pa ba sila? At magkalapit lang talaga kami sa isa't isa ahh. Siguradong narinig nila ang aking mga sagot sa bawat katanungan.

"Solely her," he smirked.

Nabaling ang atensyon ko sa taong nagsalita.

Hindi ko maintindihan ang pinapahiwatig ng kanyang mga titig. Hindi ko maipaliwanag ang kahulugan sa likod ng ngiting iyon.

Isang mapagkunwaring ngiti ulit ang ginawa ko sa kanyang harapan bago iniwas ang tingin at palihim na huminga nang malalim.

"Let me ask you, if you don't mind, Ms. Tasha?"

Tila nanlamig ang aking katawan at nakisabay sa malakas na tunog ng musika ang kabog ng aking puso nang magtanong siya.

I mean, what does he still want right now?! Is that how he welcomes me? Is that how he treats a visitor.

Tumikhim ako bago magsalita. "Sure."

Silence.

The crowd became like that for a couple of seconds. Does he still want to ask something right now. I bet that's not as important as he might be doubting himself.

He still remained silent so I looked into him and welcomed those sharp eyes for him to allow himself to talk.

"That day........" Ahh shit. Here we go again. "Did you regret your decision that day?"

Damn that day! I couldn't believe we were talking about that in this public place.

I don't wanna talk about it and I'm trying to change for the better but...he started it.

"That day was......painful, but it was all worth it."  I smiled a bit.

I'm in pain but I need to smile in front of all the cameras, in front of all the people here. Guess I'm back to this kind of life again.

Welcome back, Tasha.......

----------------------------------------------****

Hi! Welcome to my story. Hope you continue your happy readings for this story 'til the end ;)

P. S. Apologies for mistakes, typo and errors, it was all unintentional.

DISCLAIMER : This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, business, events, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination.

Any resemblance to the actual persons living or dead, or actually events is purely coincidental.

please do follow, vote, and comment on anything you want so I can hear your thoughts.

tamestnaive....

Story Begins!