Prologue

"Mr. Bates you can't do this!" I shriek, grabbing the collar of his, no doubt, one hundred dollar freshly pressed button down shirt.

He gives me a disgusted look before covering it up with a professional blank expression. "I can and I will, Miss McFarland." He says evenly. "Our Football department needs the all the funds they can get if they're going to make it to state this year." He tries to stop the pride from leaking into his voice as he talks about our bonehead football team we both know won't be making it to anywhere except the bench this year.

"What about the drama department?!"

He stacks some loose papers and adjusts his Principal of the Year coffee mug before looking straight into my eyes. "What about it?"

I'm left completely speechless as I realize he doesn't care.

"I will not let you do this. I will not let you take the drama department away." I say passionately.

He looks utterly bored as he taps his #2 pencil on his desk. "You and what army, Miss McFarland?"

I'm just about to say something until he interrupts.

"I think it's time for you to get back to class, no?" His voice is patronizing. Reminding me that I'm just a student and he still has reigns on me as long as I'm in this school.

I get up making sure to slam the door on my way out. I can't believe this!

I huff and stop at my locker, angry at the way things played out.

I grab my history textbook and my English assignment. I'm about to slam the locker door shut until a small pathetic envelope drifts down.

I squint to read it.

HOPE THIS HELPS WITH YOUR TROUBLES- FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE BACK

My eyes scan the messy scrawl and I soon realize the letter is a list of people and their address. I turn the page over and continue reading.

FIND THEM AND EXPLAIN YOUR PREDICAMENT. THEY WILL HELP- ANONYMOUS

I roll my eyes and stuff the note into my pocket. What kind of joke is this? Does some freshman think they can fool me into thinking that this list of people will help me? This isn't some sort of movie. This is real life.

I scoff and head to history class, but can't ignore the scrawny piece of paper that burns a hole my pocket.

I sigh.

It wouldn't hurt to try. I mean I've got nothing else to lose.

Just the future dreams of every young thespian resting on my shoulders.

No pressure.

.

.

.

Comment your thoughts & vote for more in order for me to continue :)