Chapter 3.

Beeping. Bright lights. People in crisp white lab coats. Constant check ups. Something I have always hated. I have a tube sticking out of a vein in my right arm and there's a weird clamp thing on my finger that is fascinating at this point in time. A doctor pushes through the large double doors, greeting me with a large fake smile.

"Hello, I'm Doctor Zuenos and I will be taking care of you while you're here. How is your body feeling?" He clicks his pen, looking up from his clipboard and staring at me.

"Uh, I guess I'm numb and I kind of smell," I mumble, looking down at my ugly spotted hospital gown in embarrassment. I can hear his pen scribbling on paper, ruffling of sheets and finally he takes a seat down beside me.

"Now, I have good news and bad news. Both isn't good, but one is better than the other," he explains and I nod. My whole body is aching, the ache isn't seeming to disappear.

"Niall, you have experienced some damage to your brain and several broken bones, many bruises and a couple of chipped teeth. The damage in your brain made you go in a coma for -what it looks to be- a week, and the broken bones were from physical contact. Do you know how any of this happened?" Dr Zuenos looked at him, my heart beating faster at every word he said. Brain damage?

"Uh, I don't remember how I got in there but I was locked in a dark room for weeks, I guess. A person would come in from time to time, do unspeakable things to me, and leave. I haven't eaten food in forever, I'm forgetting what it's like to eat and the only drop of water I've had was when that man came and saved me," I explained, my voice sounding rough and scratchy. I ached my head back on the brick-like pillow as Zuenos wrote some things down.

"Wait, where did that man go? He had a beanie on and was wearing a green shirt," I asked, Dr Zuenos looking at me through his thick glasses.

"Visiting hours are from 9am to 3pm. It's currently 5pm, so you probably won't see him till tomorrow. Now, you've been out for five days. In a small coma, I presume. The morphine I gave you is obviously working because when the boy came in with you in his arms he was saying that you couldn't move your arms, but their crossed over your chest. Feeling better I hope?" I nod, the uneasy feeling in my stomach fading away as I realised I can now move.

"When can I eat something? I'm bloody starving," I frowned, my hand landing on my stomach. Apparently I can't eat solid foods for a while because I have surgery in a couple of hours on my stomach. Just amazing.

I look around the tiny room, finding a small TV remote on the edge of my dresser. I reach up, grabbing it and turning the plasma on that is above me as I try and fall into a deep slumber. Succeed.

*****

My body jolted awake as I felt a warm hand on my shoulder, shaking me. I frowned at the sudden light, my eyes travelling to where the person was. Shock goes over my body as I take in the person before me. Green piercing eyes, unruly curly hair, heavenly face.

"Uh, hello?" The frown on my face deepened, unsure of what to say. A smile made its way to his beautiful features, my insides warming at the sight.

"Oh, I'm Harry. Harry Styles," he stuck out his surprisingly large hand, my hand lifting to shake his.

I studied his face, trying to remember where I've seen his face from. Suddenly it clicked.

"Oh, I'm Niall. Thank you so much for helping me out of there, I really appreciate it," I smiled a genuine smile, the grin on Harry's face never once faltering.

"God, I couldn't imagine what it would've been like to be down there for so long. Apparently you were missing for five weeks," Harry said, his accent slowing down as he said his last words.

"Yeah, tell me about it," I nodded, my eyelids suddenly feeling like they weighed a ton of bricks. I rolled my head to the side, a sigh escaped my lips as Harry told me he would be back later to check up on me. Little did I know, that British charm had a part in this. Something he would never forget.

*************

A/N: this was more of a filler chapter, I'm sorry but I updated twice in one night. I might update tomorrow, see what happens

AND OH MY GOD WHAT DOES HARRY HAVE TO DO IN THIS