⁰⁰'⁰⁰ ɪɴᴛʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴ

𝟏 𝒇𝒆𝒃𝒓𝒖𝒂𝒓𝒚 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟎

𝟏 𝒇𝒆𝒃𝒓𝒖𝒂𝒓𝒚 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟎

✧˖°𝘟𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘦𝘳'𝘴 𝘱𝘰𝘷

My new job in America starts tomorrow. I flew into Nashville three days ago and I've spent the last few days recovering from my jet lag. For some reason it never hits me the first day, so I decided to go exploring but when I got back to the hotel, I passed out and slept for two days before waking up today at 4am with no food. Room service was shut and so was every restaurant so I had to have a packet of crisps from the mini bar. I'm sure it will cost me $50 but it was worth it.

I'm super nervous for my new job. I've done the odd security gig in London but never a long-term placement in a foreign country. I'm sure it will be fine and it's not like she's that big of a star so hopefully it will be fine.

I made myself a cup of tea before turning on some random American TV show as I decided to google her. So, I pulled out my laptop and typed in her name. To my surprise, there was lots about her online so I entered the endless rabbithole of the internet.

I spent the rest of the afternoon mindlessly googling everything I should know about her. I was given the professional briefing before I came here but I wanted to know what she was like as a person and if the internet is right, she is very down-to-earth and not at all self-centered like most people in her position would be.

As I was waiting for my room service order, my sister, Charlotte, called. We talked for two hours before we were interrupted by her youngest kid, Leon, who had a nightmare and couldn't sleep. I told him all about me being a bodyguard and how that strength was passed down to him and he fell asleep almost immediately. 

We continued for another hour before I completely passed out.

I got up at 6am today and went on a quick 5km run around the city before having a shower and heading into the 13 management building to meet the team then be introduced to my client.

My palms were sweating as I sat in a well-decorated foyer. This had to go well because my career depended on it. My legs were shaking and there was nothing I could do to stop them.

Finally someone greeted me and asked me to follow them to the meeting room. She motioned for me to go in, so I took a deep breath before entering the long, well-lit room.

In the centre of the room was a long dark table where a group of people in their mid-30s sat chatting, engrossed in conversation but as I walked in, they all turned to stare at me. Oh god.

"Hey, I'm Xavier Elliotte. Julie at the front desk told me to come in here and that you were expecting me?" I said as I felt myself turning red. Can they all stop staring at me now?

One blonde lady stood up and walked towards me with a big smile on her face. She pulled me into a hug and shook my hand. "I'm Andrea. Thanks so much for coming. You're a little early so she's not quite here yet but why don't you take a seat. We are currently discussing costumes so this doesn't exactly concern you but the next discussion topic is security. There are cakes and coffees in the corner if you want to help yourself." she said and smiled before sitting down again.

I headed over to the coffee and poured myself a cup before sitting down in an empty chair next to the group of talking adults. This is very stressful and I'm the youngest person here. Was this job a mistake?

As I sat there deep in thought, I failed to realise the doors had opened. She walked in and greeted everyone before grabbing a drink and sitting at the head of the table and joining in the conversation.

"Oh I completely forgot. Baby, I have someone to introduce you to." Andrea said, pulling me back into reality.

She walked over and I panicked as I realised she was talking about me. I put my coffee down and got up out of my chair. Walking over to her I was focused on saying the right words and not making myself look stupid.

I held out my hand and introduced myself, "Hello, I'm Xavier Elliotte. I'm your new bodyguard." She shook my hand and smiled. Her eyes were a sparkling, piercing blue that were so easy to get lost in. She was so effortlessly beautiful and had this radiance about her, and I couldn't help but smile when I looked at her. 

"Hey there, I'm Taylor Swift. Nice to meet you." She replied politely. "Thank God there's another person here under 30! I was starting to lose my mind." She joked, making Andrea laugh.

We had a friendly conversation before joining the table as Taylor's security was brought up and they needed my input. It was decided that I would go with Taylor to award shows, busy public spaces and on tour with her. 

I was given a work phone with everyone's numbers in and told I'd be given a 1 hour notice if I was needed for anything. They also gave me a key to an apartment in Nashville, which was completely ridiculous and I tried to refuse but they insisted.

I left before they could give me anything else and headed back to the hotel and packed up all my stuff before going to my new apartment and unpacking. 

⠂⠁⠈⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂

𝑨𝒖𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒓'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒔:

𝑨𝒖𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒓'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒔:

I hope you liked the first chapter! It's my first fanfic so I hope it wasn't too awful. Feedback is always appreciated! I have the odd few chapters written but any storyline ideas are welcome.

Thanks so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed it. xx