Chapter 10

When Qingqing left to continue the day's work at the warehouse, Sheng'an departed too, as the gasoline hadn't arrived yet, and he needed to attend to Wang and the others.

"Mom, my parents, and my elder brother will probably arrive around noon. I plan to tell them that there's a leak at home that needs fixing. Then I'll directly take them to the hotel, the one you're staying at. What do you think?" Sheng'an discussed this with Qingqing before leaving.

"That's the best plan. The place I'm staying in has a good environment. But how are you going to explain it to your parents? Are you and Qingqing going to deceive them, saying you're unwell?"

Sheng'an chuckled bitterly, "It's fine, my parents are easy to deceive. I plan to tell them that my health check report isn't too good and I need further tests in about two weeks. Without confirmation of my well-being, they'll definitely stay in Huacheng. Mom, when my parents visit the city, they're always not used to it. Please take care of them for me."

Qingqing had no objections, "Don't worry! You'll all be busy during the day, but I'll frequently visit the hotel to check on them."

While waiting for Wang and the others to wake up from their drunken slumber, Sheng'an consulted an old high school classmate, surnamed Zheng, who was a gynecologist. After discussing the pros and cons of female tubal ligation surgery with him—mentioning the need for a three to four-centimeter abdominal incision and over a week's recovery—he furrowed his brow. Sheng'an felt incredibly grateful that Qingqing had informed him about the ligation in advance; otherwise, it would have been torturous.

"What about vasectomy for men?"

"Men's vasectomy is a minor surgery, no need for incisions. Just a small cut at the X, about 0.5 centimeters. The procedure takes less than half an hour, and full recovery takes at most three days. The benefit doesn't end there. If you want to reverse it later, it's simpler than for women. Why are you suddenly asking about this? Is it for yourself? I remember in our group chat, you've been married for years without children, right? Ha-ha."

What the old classmate said aligned with Sheng'an's research. He thanked him and inquired further, "Do I need an appointment for this surgery, or can I just go directly?"

"Just go directly. You can do it in the urology or reproductive men's department. Do you want to come to our hospital? I can recommend a skilled doctor for you."

"Alright, thank you. I'll come over in about two weeks. I'll treat you to a meal then."

"Are you serious? I was just kidding! Is it true that you're going to have the surgery? You're not considering being child-free? What does your wife think?"

"Yeah, our thoughts suddenly changed. We've discussed it. Don't spread this around, or else I won't treat you to a meal."

"I know, I won't blabber about this kind of thing. But make sure you're certain. This isn't a small matter. You two are a handsome couple; your children would surely be beautiful. You're really not having any?"

"We're certain. That's it! See you later, and after it's done, I'll treat you to a meal."

Sheng'an hadn't informed Qingqing about this matter yet, but he felt much lighter after making the appointment. He believed that what Qingqing needed most right now wasn't a psychologist but his support. He wanted to give her a sense of security.

At noon, after Wang and the others woke up, he arranged a meal for them and took care of them properly. In the afternoon, he hurried to pick up his parents and followed the plan, escorting them to the hotel.

Qingqing was busy receiving goods in the warehouse and was unaware of the decision her husband had made. She was extremely busy today, filling water tanks and receiving shipments of vegetables and fruits. By the afternoon, her good friend Yuan Xiaowen called, "Has your water pipe at home been fixed?"