Old Bond

It has been 2 years since the truce, Eddie was living a good life in San Francisco, he had a loving girlfriend, Anne Weying, Venom didn't love her but didn't dislike her. She wasn't against Venom either just not in love. So Venom generally slept through any kind of love interactions between the 2 humans.
He still had a remnant of his bond with Peter Parker, at first he could feel if he was nearby but now it was just vague feelings of what the other did. Recently tho, he started to feel as if something was very wrong with the spider, he started to get restless and jittery, as the days passed Eddie grew more and more worried for his partner, Venom was always distracted and snappy, the man endured his bad mood for a few days but after a week he couldn't bear it anymore and decided to have a conversation with the symbiote, the perfect moment was in their bedroom, he specially asked Anne to not come to make sure they weren't any kind of distraction.

"Alright, what the hell is going on with you?" He asked after closing the door and sitting on the bed.

"What do you mean?" Venom's mind still seemed elsewhere.

"I mean, what the fuck has been going on with you for the last week? You're distracted, silent and when I try to talk to you it's almost like you're going to bite my head off. So I'll ask again, what's up with you?" Eddie made a stern look as Venom took form in front of him. For a second he looked as if he wasn't going to talk but one look from the man and their shared feelings convinced him otherwise.

"Fine..... It's the spider." At that the human had a confused face. As far Eddie knew, Peter and Venom's bond was completely over and they both hadn't seen the vigilante in 2 years except the time he was on the television.

"What do you mean? Peter is in New-York and we haven't seen him in 2 years." Confusion was clear in his voice.

"The bond with the spider is not completely broken, we can feel some sort of connection." He explained.

"Okay, we will have to talk a bit more on that but that doesn't explain why you've been a bitch." Eddie decided that the fact that Venom and Peter were still weirdly connected and that he wasn't informed would have to wait because if something was bothering Venom to that extent then it must mean something bad happened to Peter. Venom hesitated before answering.

"Spider is not good. His body is screaming, his mind is all foggy. But we're not sure as the bond is weak." He now looked downcast.

"You mean something bad happened to Peter? Isn't it like the result of a fight?" Now Eddie's worries went to the young man he used to hate. That hate is now some kind of weird respect, he also wanted to have some kind of friendship with the vigilante. Peter forgave them so easily after they tried to kill him so many times.

"No, not a fight. It's constant, we didn't notice before because it was weak but now it's noticeable, still weak though." That didn't reassure the man, quite the opposite.

"Look we have winter break soon, I still have some contacts in New-York, we could go over there to see if everything's fine, if it's not we can try to help and if it is then we can just try to befriend Peter to make sure there's really nothing." Venom seemed to like that idea and just nodded to show his agreement then went to sleep, feeling tired himself, Eddie went to sleep as well. There were still 4 days before winter break and oh boy, how much Eddie wanted to strangle Venom during those as the symbiote seemed to not be able to calm down and wait.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~line break~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When winter break came, Venom couldn't be more restless and annoying, the signals coming from the spider were getting worse and Eddie started to feel like there was still something Venom wasn't telling him. The symbiote seemed way too invested in helping Peter and meeting him for it to just be about the faint signals that he felt from their old bound, unfortunately Venom was actually good at hiding what he felt, even though they could somehow feel each other feelings. 

When they finally arrived at the airport, Venom almost popped up on his own but except for that it was a peaceful travel. They took a taxi and went to Eddie's friend apartment, he let him use it while on vacation. After putting away his things, he was resting on the bed.

"Eddie let's go see the spider already." Venom was jumpy and restless, after coming back to New-York he felt all of the faint feelings so much better. All the angst and anguish of Peter, he too felt things he didn't understand but he didn't dwell on it and didn't want to, now the only thing important was getting to the spider.

"We will go tomorrow, it's already late and I'm tired from taking the plane. You can wait one night. We have a month to figure out what's happening to Peter." Eddie truly was tired and wanted nothing else than sleep right now, Venom did grumble a few swear under his breath and was annoyed but he too felt the tiredness of his host and agreed to wait till the next day.