Nirupama-7

Nirupama

(Some Secrets May Better Remain Secrets Forever)

'I cannot bear this', 'I want to pluck my eyes out' only these two sentences were the clues which the late girl Nirupama left in writing one on a wall and one in a book quite unintentionally and involuntarily to know about the reason for her committing suicide. Her father Ranganath, detective Smaran and his niece Menaka along with Nirupama's friend Sukanya pretty well understood that Nirupama did not want the said secret to be known to anyone else. But since her father Ranganath hell bent upon knowing about the said secret, detective Smaran and his niece Menaka ruthlessly investigated the matter only to unearth the said ghastly, shocking and astounding secret which the dead girl terribly wished to keep only with her in her grave forever.

x x x x x

"I just cannot bear seeing my wife so. Why don't you do something for it?" looking pathetically at Niranjan, Ranganath asked him.

"What do you want to be done by me?" Niranjan asked.

Niranjan and Ranganath both were sat facing each other in Ranganath's home.

"You are a psychologist Niranjan. You know what to do. Still you are asking me what should be done about her?" Ranganath frowned.

"If you are worrying about her imagination... don't worry about it much. She knows that she is just imagining her daughter alive. Deep inside of her she knows the truth"

"That Smaran as well has said the same thing."

"Clever guy he is." Niranjan said. "But I don't like much what you are doing. What would be the use in digging up that so?"

Ranganath breathed deep and said. "I just cannot bear thinking that my daughter committed suicide for a silly reason. I must know the true reason that caused her death."

"I can understand your anguish Ranga" Niranjan said. "I just don't know what to say" he remained silent.

"Who is that girl staying in your home now?" after few seconds Niranjan himself broken that silence.

"That Smaran's niece. He put her here."

"For what purpose?" there were deep frowns on the face of Niranjan.

"I don't know. For some investigation purpose I think. But her staying in our home is giving me a sort of pleasure." Ranganath said.

"I can understand." Niranjan said. "There is no danger. How Nirmala is feeling with her?"

"Comfortable. In fact it is she who encouraged her staying in this house."

Niranjan frowned. "But she is also not going to stay here forever. Be prepared to that."

"I do keep it in my mind." Ranganath nodded his head.

"Where is that girl now? Is she is in her room?"

"She went to her uncle's place. Come back at any moment." Ranganath said.

"Alright" Niranjan nodded his head.

"Did he meet you? He said that he wanted to ask you some questions." Ranganath asked.

"He met me. We talked for some time. He asked several questions and I answered them. Not very much useful information for him." Niranjan said. "He told me that he would meet me again. He is appearing quite optimistic."

"Detectives are like that." Ranganath smiled. "Otherwise they cannot make their livelihood. I think this Smaran sure becomes successful in his mission."