Nirupama-9

Nirupama

(Some Secrets May Better Remain Secrets Forever)

'I cannot bear this', 'I want to pluck my eyes out' only these two sentences were the clues which the late girl Nirupama left in writing one on a wall and one in a book quite unintentionally and involuntarily to know about the reason for her committing suicide. Her father Ranganath, detective Smaran and his niece Menaka along with Nirupama's friend Sukanya pretty well understood that Nirupama did not want the said secret to be known to anyone else. But since her father Ranganath hell bent upon knowing about the said secret, detective Smaran and his niece Menaka ruthlessly investigated the matter only to unearth the said ghastly, shocking and astounding secret which the dead girl terribly wished to keep only with her in her grave forever.

x x x x x

"Yes. I am the librarian here. My name is Sudarshan." When Smaran introduced himself and said the purpose why he came there, Sudarshan said.

"Now a day very few people are interested in reading paper backs and hard covers. She too interested in studying e-books in her smart phone. But she preferred mostly to read hard covers and paperbacks especially in this library. Sometimes we both used to talk also." He further said

"Was she used to talk with you? Did you know much about her?"

"We were friendly. She used to treat me like her brother, I know her and her family also. We sometimes talked matters related to our families also. But I cannot say I know much about her. I can say one thing. She is very interesting, intelligent and clever."

Smaran hissed heavily. "So it can be said that she did not share anything with you that made her suffer that much."

"No." Sudarshan nodded his head. "She did not. But if she did not share that even with her parents and close friends also, there was no chance that she could share that with me."

Smaran nodded his head.

"I really pity her parents. Why did not she atleast think about them?" he nodded his head helplessly.

"That is what many of us cannot understand." Smaran hissed out heavily. "What type of books she was interested in reading?"

"Mostly books related to psychology. No surprise that she was interested in reading those books as she was studying post graduation with psychology."

"Are people still interested in reading hard covers and paperbacks? Even after having the facility to read all these books in tablets, smart-phones,"

"Reading habit of hard covers and paperback reduced a lot." Sudarshan said. "But government is adamant in running libraries offering hard covers and paper backs in some places. In fact this is something very good government is doing."

Smaran nodded his head. He went along the book cases and observed some of them. Not very much useful information. But he was not disappointed. He was accustomed to this type of trying. The main quality a detective must possess was patience. He has to search everything, try everything even however hopeless it might appear.

"Thank you very much for your cooperation. Please call me if you come to know anything important." Making himself ready to move away from there Smaran said. He gave his visiting card to Sudarshan.

"Alright. Sure." Sudarshan said.

***

"These are her smart-phone and laptop. I searched them thorough. Nothing could be found. She has one gmail account, one facebook account, one twitter account and one LinkedIn profile. She used the same password for all these accounts and her father gave them to me. I have gone through thoroughly all these. Nothing, nothing important is known." Menaka said. "Prior to me Sukanya also did the same with the same result. Her father said to me."