Two can play at this game

Jane was looking at the ceiling, impassive, batting her eyes lazily at the light illuminating the cell. She had been inside the slot for a week now, and she was beginning to feel dreadfully bored. She tried to exercise, meditate, and so on; but there was only so much one could do in a place made to punish cheap behaviors and make you reflect on them. She even got bored to the point that she had started reading all the things written on the windows of her cell, given how long she had spent staring at them, one could think she'd be capable to recite every little note in one breath.
The young woman pushed a tuft of caramel hair from her face as sleep didn't seem to want to claim her; She was restless most nights, feeling like a caged animal. Alone with her thoughts.
To be sent to the slot for protecting yourself. Pathetic.
Jane rolled over on her right side, her eyes closed, facing the wall as she heard the door of the slot open, heels resonating within the silent walls. She heard Jodie's cell open and whispers before the door fell shut. It was the third night Jodie was in the slot, and the second time she heard the same commotion. Jane didn't need to know what was going on, to know what was going on. Jodie had been crying the entirety of her first night. Jane had tried out of curiosity to ask her what had happened after waiting a calculated number of minutes, but Jodie had been tight-lipped about it.
Only today, Franky arrived as well. She had caused some trouble, not that it had surprised Jane. Neither did the Governor's words when she escorted her here. As one would expect, Miss Westfall had vouched for Franky, the way they both eyed each other leaving very little to the imagination spoke for itself.
Joan peaked into Franky's cell, seeing the woman resting on her back, seemingly in deep sleep, and then muffled cries emanated from the cell she just came out from, causing a thin smile to make it's way to her lips.
Jane's cell being right next to Jodie's, she heard the sobs clear as day and sighed loudly before sitting down, rubbing her temples, annoyed this time around.

"Some of us would like to be able to sleep, thank you very much."

The sobs stopped altogether, and so did Joan, who spun on her heels, her brows furrowed. She had not remembered another inmate being in the slot. The older woman walked towards the cell, her heels marking the slow and deliberate beat of her pace, and peeked through the window, seeing the young woman inside staring at her as she stood.
Jane glanced at the tall, dark-haired figure outside her cell outlined by the pale light of the corridor, recognizing the woman's cold, judging stare; She raised an eyebrow, her face remaining stoic, and started pacing up and down, in the hope to tire herself enough to sleep.
Joan stared as the young woman paced up and down; One week ago, some of the women, more specifically Gambaro and her Boys, had tried making a pass at her, but that was before Jane's unexpected response to their ministrations. She had succeeded in taking on the five of them, resulting in minor bruising and bloody bottom lip for her and consequent stay in medical for them. Joan had been there when it had happened, and Jane had complied without making a fuss resulting in the officers not needing to restraint her, though she did argue that what she had done was deserved. It had been the fire in her eyes, and her strength that had caused a smirk to appear on the Governor's lips, along with a pleasurable warmth between her thighs. Not many women would have stood up to Gambaro and her Boys, especially not in such an unfavorable position. Joan glanced one last time at the woman, sort of surprised she had forgotten about her given the effect shed had on her before thinking given how very little noise and commotion she was making it made perfect sense but she was also blatantly aware that she had not seen anything, and even if she were to talk about what she had heard, Joan would find a way to silence her. She always did. The older woman turned, walking away, her heels fading in the distance.
Just as the door closed, Jane heard hushed whispers coming from further away to her right, meaning Franky was speaking to her friend. She took a deep breath and resumed pacing, trying to let her mind wander around.