Who are you (Part 2)

Boyd blinked for the first, second and third time. Still he can't believe that he's not at the bar anymore, but instead inside his room. Sweaty, heart beating faster and a throat that runs so dry, he was having a hard time swallowing. 

After a while, images of what seemed to be the scene yesterday flooded his mind, now he can't think if that was real or just a dream. He tried to calm himself but failed. Suddenly tears along with his sweat came running down his face. His head started throbbing too. He shouts in pain and starts to clutch his chest.  It seems constricted. 

He is now laying on the floor, just a like a baby inside the womb. One hand on his chest, and one of his head. He felt so miserable, he wanted to call a name, just because he could feel that name can calm him, that name can give him relief yet he can't remember. 

His trying his best, opening and then closing his mouth again. His eyes are shut, his lips are tightly sealed too. He wanted to shout that name, but he can't remember. He really wanted this to end, but he doesn't know how. 

Please! just kill me! It hurts! It hurts so much. Please I beg you!!!!!! 

Boyd silently prayed and prayed, pouring his souls into it. Begging, pleading to set him free.

Then all of a sudden. He stopped pleading. Can't you remember me? We just met last night. Call my name and I will save you. Call my name Boyd....my love...call my name.

How? I can't. I don't know. Please help me.!

Funny but he communicated with that voice in his head. He talked and asked and tried as well to remember. 

Follow my voice.  Follow my voice my love.. Take a deep breath. Picture me using my voice. Reach your hands out and call me...call me... I am....

Boyd stirred and tried to cleared his ears so he can hear, but the voice became distant until he can no longer hear him. Still he continued to breath and reach his arms out. He continued to picture the man, remembering things that he did last night. 

Until he saw white. Everything was swallowed by the bright light of white. No dirt. No black. nothing just pure white.

Now the scene changed. 

Two boys were running freely in the open air. Laughing and giggling, playing innocently. One boy looked so charming, a breathe of fresh air, while the other one looked a little gloomy yet the eyes sparkles, the face beamed with light. It was a happy picture.

Then it shifted, now the skies are grey, dark clouds suddenly appeared and the gust of wind felt so cold like ice on the skin. The rain started dropping and soon it fells like curtains, wetting the pavements and everything on the ground. The kids were no longer smiling, no more beam of happiness nor the light of innocence. 

Boyd! an older woman called. Yet the face is unrecognizable. "Stop this nonsense! Go home. Go back with me to Bangkok! Now!.

"No!" answered bravely by the boy- that was him! It was himself. He recognized. And the two of them run, run as fast as their small feet and legs could do. They were crossing now the streets.

But.... what could kids do. As if they were being mocked by the universe. The gloomy boy stopped for a while for his shoelace got undone. He bend and was trying to tie it as fast as he could. Then a long *bbeeeppp* followed by crashing sound and a horrified small voice covered the streets.

Boyd looked back only to be shocked. He choked upon seeing the gloomy boy, lying on the ground, eyes closed but a red liquid soon came out from his head, it started slowly, then it became heavy. Boyd shouted "Chopper!"

They rushed to the nearest hospital, Boyd drenched in the rain and with his own tears looked up at the sky and kneeled. "I promised. Let him live and I will not go against my family! Please let him live."

They waited for 3 days as Boyd wanted to see Chopper awake but it's time for him to go. 

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry Chopper! I promise once I get older, I will find you. I'll come back for you! 

But sadly Boyd forgot. He forgotten about that boy. And he would continue to do so if not for his dreams. 

"Chopper!" Boyd shouted on top of his lungs after the replay of those sweet yet bitter memories. He clutched on his clothes as if clutching onto his heart and trying to calm his fast rhythm. 

Boyd did not waste any time. He quickly prepared, change his clothes and by five minutes he was out of the house and now onto the streets, waiting for taxi to hail by. 

His mind has only one thing- CHOPPER! he could not believe that he forgotten about him. When he was the most precious person in his life before. He shook his head as often as he could and fought back the tears that are threatening to fall again. 

Soon he arrived at the familiar street that he was sure, he stepped on yesterday. He made a run-walk while looking for the bar. His face light up upon gazing at the establishment. 

He walked fast and reach for the door. Roam his eyes inside trying to look for the person that his heart is aching for. He make a steps, each steps felt like a heavy stone that made him weak. The longing that he had slowly subsided and now change into fear.

Boyd looked down trying to calm his nerves and to drag his legs forward. Forward to the man on the stage, busy tuning up his guitar, and is facing back at him. 

"Cho-" Boyd called by his voice sounded so hoarse, no one could hear him.

Boyd swallowed a lot of times, enough to moisten his throat and tried again.

"Chopper!" this time the sound reached everyone in the club even the man on the stage. Boyd watch Chopper slowly face him and once their eyes met, he felt the sense of familiarity and it made him bliss.

Boyd no longer felt like his drowning. He no longer felt constricted nor obstructive. The darkness that once covered him, now no longer linger in his heart.

His steps became lighter as Chopper approach him.

"What took you so long?" Boyd was asked. He remained silent for he do not know how to answer. Instead his tears flowed and all his feelings were reflected onto his eyes and he looked straight at Chopper. He smiled and cried and touched. Feeling and reflecting all those years.

"I understand! Don't mind. What matters is you are here. We are here." And they hugged each other. Letting their bodies do the talking.

___________________________________________________________________________

this is the end of the story. It was just a random thought that lingered for a while so I tried to put it into writing.