The Titanium Ninja

Onyx gritted her teeth and blasted bugs from the air, she and Lloyd trying to keep them off of Zane as he examined the skeleton of the ship. "These bugs just keep coming. We're getting nowhere," Kai growled, stamping on as many as he could. "Nya, there's no way we're getting off this planet. Any last words, my darling?" Jay said through the intercom. "How about "It was always you, Cole. I won't be able to carry on without you." Cole refuted. "Now is not the time for that! Can't I care for both of you? Now just don't give up," Nya snapped.

"My dad was right; I should've never given up my Golden Power. We could have all been home. Now the Overlord has all he needs to become the Golden Master," Lloyd groaned, blasting a battalion of beetles from the air. "Don't say that. I was wrong. You must trust your friends. Trust yourself," Garmadon said through their headsets. "Search for the power within, then realize the greatness within each other," Wu said.

Lloyd narrowed his eyes in determination. "He's right. We can get off this planet somehow," he said. Kai's eyes lit up. "What about your green power, Lloyd?" He asked. Onyx frowned as soon as she heard the idea. "It's too far. He'd never be able to keep his focus that long," Zane said, shaking his head. Cole groaned. "No one happens to have a build-your-own-rocket-kit handy, do they?" He asked halfheartedly. Lloyd gasped. "Whoa. That's it!" He exclaimed. "You have a build-your-own-rocket-kit?" Jay asked.

Lloyd shook his head. "No, but we can make one. Arcturus may not fly, but she'll give us all the metal we need. And Onyx and Zane know this solar system better than anyone," he said. Onyx put her hands up. "Woah woah woah, I know the stars from on the ground, not in them," she said. "Exactly! You have the placement knowledge, and Zane can calculate the directions!" Lloyd said.

"And Kai's Fire could weld the missing parts," Zane volunteered. Kai sent a tiny blast of fire into the air. "There's just enough oxygen for me to do that," he agreed. "Cole's manpower could do all the heavy lifting," he added. "Jay has enough electricity and nerd knowledge to make a halfway believable spacecraft," Cole said, pointing at the blue ninja, who grinned. "Haha. Hey! Hey. This could actually work," he said. Onyx shook her head. "Only one way to find out," she said.

(=^・ェ・^=)(=^・ェ・^=)(=^・ェ・^=)(=^・ェ・^=)

Finally, the ninja managed to cobble together a messy spacecraft. "It's not pretty, but it's the only shot we have," Onyx said, she and the others clambering into the ship. "Let's fire this thing up and see if she'll fly," Kai said, strapping himself into a scorched seat. Lloyd began to run through a checklist, and once he'd exhausted everything on it, he looked to Cole. "How are we holding together?" He asked. Cole shook his head. "Bubblegum and a wish," he answered. "Well it'd better be strong bubblegum, because T-minus ten seconds!" Onyx said, flipping switches and pressing buttons as Zane slipped a plug into his power source. "Let's go home, fellas," Lloyd said. They gave exhilarated laughs as the ship actually flared to life.

They flew through space, the ship creaking and wobbling in alarming ways, but it just barely held together. It was when the planet had just come into sight and they were hardly ten minutes away from home when chaos struck. Onyx cried out as a blast of pain tore her head, Zane began sparking, and the lights began to flicker. "My power source has reached critical mass. It appears my unlimited energy is, in fact, limited!" Zane cried. "He's forged the armor!" Onyx shouted. "Critical mass? Like, it's gonna blow up?" Jay cried. "Forged-? How close are we?" Kai asked. "Don't worry about me. I must use my power to hold our vessel together," Zane said. "No way, Zane. Entering the atmosphere means we have air," Cole said. "No, it means we're gonna burn up!" Jay shrieked.

Lloyd had finally had enough chaos. He stood. "Listen! Zane, the second we hit the atmosphere, unplug yourself. We'll be able to support our elemental shields. Onyx, I know it hurts, but you'll have to push through it. We have to go now!" He ordered, effectively silencing the noise and presenting a halfway decent plan. "Everyone jump now!" Lloyd shouted, leaping from the rocket. Onyx swallowed the pain and followed his example, forming a shield of darkness around her as she fell, shielding her body from the wind.